Pulpitis

Why do I have severe pain after filling cavity?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a deep cavity filled about five weeks ago. I had extreme sensitivity to cold since it was filled. I had no other pain associated with the tooth. Biting down was completely fine. Two nights ago, I started to get extreme pain on the right side of my face and jaw (the same side the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your complaint, it looks like a condition called as acute irreversible pulpitis, where caries reaches the pulp or nerve endings of the tooth. This is very common in cases of deep cavities. So, there is no need to worry. It can be treated through a r...  Read Full »

How can black and sensitive tooth be cured naturally?

Query: Hello doctor, The tooth has become black and feeling sensitivity while chewing and when having some cold and sweet feeling like it is due to the cavity. Can I reduce it naturally?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question and I can understand your concern. As per your history, it looks that you are having reversible pulpitis, that means there is a cavity in progression. If you will get it filled, sensitivity will go and there will be no further decay. If...  Read Full »

Why am I getting holes along with severe pain in teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have too much pain in teeth and also getting tiny small type holes in teeth. I am a male, 18 years old.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Holes in teeth indicate cavities. If you are having severe pain in teeth this may indicate you are suffering from pulpitis and you need root canal treatment from your dentist. Meanwhile, start with the following medicines. Take Augmentin 625 mg two times a day, Gramex 4...  Read Full »

I have a painless pulp exposed tooth. Will it get infected in future?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a tooth that is gone all the way down. So I think the pulp is exposed but I have no pain whatsoever. Is it only a matter of time before it gets infected or not? If I have no pain, it is dead right?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your history, the pulp is exposed and decayed by now. It means sensations are lost and that is why you are not feeling pain in it. But it does not mean your tooth cannot get an infection now. It can get infected because of the food stuck in it can cause infec...  Read Full »

My tooth cavity is filled with an inflamed gum tissue. What procedure should I undergo?

Query: Hello doctor,My tooth has a hole in it, the gums are now inflated and it blocks the hole now. What procedure would the dentist do in my tooth? Also, the placement of the tooth is in the upper middle part.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. According to your description, it is a pulp polyp. It is a pulp hyperplastic condition after acute pulpitis. You do not need to worry because it is not a dangerous condition. There are two possible treatment...  Read Full »

What is the reason for tooth pain after a filling?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a tooth filling done. My dentist injected anesthesia three times to get complete numbness. The numbness from the anesthesia has subsided. But I have pain inside my tooth. I suspect that the pain in my tooth is due to the drilling done in my tooth. I have a strange pain shooting fro...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Yes, it is painful sometimes. But it is only related to the stimulus, that means the pain at the time of chewing or due to hot or cold fluids. If the pain is continuous and interferes with your sleep cycle, you may need to revisit the dent...  Read Full »

Why am I having puffy face and throbbing jaw pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a cold for a week and it now feels like a toothache but it is not just one area, it is both top and bottom on the left side of the jaw and it is like radiating from my sinus. My face feels puffy and the pain is throbbing.  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your chief complaint, it seems a case of acute pulpitis due to a carious tooth. Initially,sensitivity was due to the weakening of enamel and dentin and with time it started pinching pulp. Acute pulpitis is characterized by throbbing pain, pain on eat...  Read Full »

Due to negligence, I did not get RCT done and have pain now. Has the infection spread?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my tooth checked up last year, and the doctor told me to go for an OPG as he was planning for a root canal therapy. But due to severe negligence and work, I could not do that. It is almost a year now, and tonight I am having a painful time. Please tell me whether there is a chan...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history and associated symptoms, it looks like you have now acute pulpitis leading to acute apical periodontitis. That means because of open pulp chamber, it is now infected. You need to take antibiotics and analgesics for this one. In case you do not have ...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in back tooth and gums?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 25 years old. I was three months premature baby and I have an organic brain disorder, high blood pressure, and anxiety disorder. I take Lamictal, a blood pressure medicine and an allergy pill and Trileptal and Fluoxetine 20 mg. My back tooth hurts. I think it is infected. I also have ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. But because you are having certain special issues, you need to visit a dentist personally. Your pain needs antibiotic medication that you might be allergic to, the pain in your tooth is because of pulpi...  Read Full »

One of my teeth hurts. Should I get it removed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a tooth problem in two of my teeth from about a whole week. One tooth is broken and my other one just hurts. It is a lower and upper one. I had a fever for a whole day and my ear has been hurting for two days already. Do I need to go to the emergency room or can I wait to ge...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern. It seems to me that you have acute pulpitis. You need to take a five-day antibiotic course and after that, you can get it removed. If you do not have any associated medical history or allergy to any of th...  Read Full »