Q. I have severe pain in the entire left side of the face. Please help.

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I think my sinus infection causes pain in my teeth. The pain is relieved only when I hold an ice cube in the mouth. I have severe pain in the entire left side of the face without the ice. Please help.

#

I can understand your concern.

• As per your history of pain, it is relieved only when you keep cold water or ice in your mouth. It is a typical feature of end-stage reversible pulpitis (inflammation of the pulp). The cold water causes vasoconstriction and reduces blood flow to the dental pulp chamber and the pain gets relieved.
  • I suggest you get an IOPA (intraoral periapical radiograph) of the painful side of the jaw. If the tooth has a cavity, get it filled as soon as possible. If there is a delay, then you have the option of root canal treatment.
  • If there are symptoms like post-nasal discharge, lightheadedness, aggravating pain while leaning forward, and pressure on the eyes then it can be a sinus infection. Otherwise, in my opinion, I find it as a clear case of end stage reversible pulpitis, which can be managed easily by a dental filling or root canal treatment.

For further queries consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|