Pyridoxine Hydrochloride

Is it normal to vomit with traces of blood during 12th week of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 12 weeks pregnant. Tonight I vomited twice. First, I saw traces of blood and felt sore in the throat. Second time I saw a handful of brown stuff/streaks. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you taking a lot of spicy food? Do you have vomiting already for the last three months or is it the first episode? Are you on Ecospirin or LMWH (low-molecular-weight heparin) injection. Consult your doctor definitely. Take a bland diet and liquid Sucrafil-O 2 teasp...  Read Full »

What supplements should my pregnant wife take?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is pregnant. Her home pregnancy test kit showed the result as positive. Her last LMP was 7th of last month. What all supplements should she take now? Her age is 24.  Read Full »

Dr. Sonal Prasad

Childbirth Educator, Lactation Counselor, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. My hearty congratulations to you and your wife. Your wife needs to get an ultrasound early pregnancy done preferably at 6 weeks (in your case by the 18th of this month) for localization of pregnancy and presence of cardiac activity. She also needs to get routine invest...  Read Full »

Can my wife take Doxinate tablet throughout her pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 13 weeks and 5 days pregnant at present. She vomits in the mornings, and she has continuous light stomach pain. Once or twice a day, she has intense stomach pain for 5 to 7 minutes. She takes Doxinate tablet once a day. Is this type of pain common in pregnancy? Can she take...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Usually, vomiting during pregnancy lasts till 12 to 16 weeks maximum. She can keep having Doxinate (Doxylamine succinate and Pyridoxine hydrochloride), 2 to 4 times a day. It is safe in pregnancy. Gelusil or Mucaine gel is safer and better alternative, ...  Read Full »

What are the causes of vitamin B12 deficiency in a non-vegetarian?

Query: Hi doctor, I have vitamin B12 deficiency, even though I eat a lot of non-vegetarian food. A doctor prescribed me New Nervijen plus capsule. Is it safe to use?  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having vitamin B12 deficiency in a non-vegetarian is unlikely. Why did you get your vitamin B12 levels checked? What is your hemoglobin level? Do you drink alcohol? You can use Nervijen capsule (combination of Benfotiamine, Folic acid, Methylcobalamin, Nicotinamide, an...  Read Full »

Is Emeset-4 safe to take during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 15 weeks pregnant, and I take Emeset-4 daily to control vomiting and nausea. I am having Emeset-4 from almost a month, but my doctor told me to take it less often. I tried stopping it, but my vomiting started again. What to do? I tried taking Doxinate-G, but it does not work. Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not advisable to take Emeset-4 (Ondansetron) during pregnancy so frequently. 6 to 7 large quantity vomits per day is considered normal, also small quantity 10 to 15 vomits per day is also normal. No treatment is required in either case. These are pregnancy-i...  Read Full »

Why does my cousin have breathlessness on climbing stairs?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 21 year old cousin, who is 181 cm tall and weighs 120 kg. He has slight breathlessness when he climbs stairs. He does not have any other health complaints and does regular health checkup. Please take a look at the attached test reports and kindly let us know what has to be done...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through his reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and found the following issues worth mentioning. As his weight is 120 kgs, his BMI (body mass index) is around 37, which comes to severe obesity. In the lipid profile, his HDL (high-density ...  Read Full »

I have a purplish rash on my penis. Could it be an STD?

Query: Hello doctor, After a night where I blacked out from drinking, I may have had sexual intercourse with a woman I do not know. Later, I got a purplish rash on the bottom ridge of my penis head as well as some dark spots on the shaft. My scrotum is red except for a flesh-colored stripe down the middle....  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Although you have had a high-risk exposure, your complaints and clinical images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) do not look like a sexually transmitted disease (STD). They appear more like an intertrigo which is a fungal infection of the body folds...  Read Full »

My pregnant wife noticed blood in her vomit. What is the reason?

Query: My doctor,My wife is pregnant and this is her third month. During vomiting, she noticed blood. What is the reason? Kindly suggest me.  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is unusual for a pregnant woman to vomit blood. The reason may be excess, repeated vomiting caused esophageal tears, which leads to blood in the vomitus. If hematemesis is persistent and there are signs of decreased perfusion like cold extremities, giddiness, low bl...  Read Full »