Q. I am 12 weeks pregnant and vomited twice with blood streaks. Kindly help.

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 09, 2020

I am 12 weeks pregnant. Tonight I vomited twice. First, I saw traces of blood and felt sore in the throat. Second time I saw a handful of brown stuff/streaks. Please advice.

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Are you taking a lot of spicy food? Do you have vomiting already for the last three months or is it the first episode? Are you on Ecospirin or LMWH (low-molecular-weight heparin) injection.

Consult your doctor definitely. Take a bland diet and liquid Sucrafil-O 2 teaspoons TDS. It may be a part of severe gastritis or peptic ulcer already existing or a bleeding disorder manifesting like this. You may have to see a gastroenterologist if not cured.

| 

Yes, I am on ASA 50 mg for about a year as I had an early miscarriage. In the last pregnancy at six weeks, I had vomiting in the evenings until 12 weeks and then it stopped for a few days. I had gas yesterday and then started vomiting due to this. I went to a nearby hospital yesterday night as I vomited thrid time, and they prescribed Doxinate yesterday night.

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

So, the reason for brown stuff in vomiting is likely to be severe gastritis. As you vomited three times that night, there might be esophageal erosions at its lower end. Moreover, pregnancy itself causes decreased gut motility and more acid secretion. Another precipitating factor must be ASA, although low dose. So, I will advise you to stop ASA for a week. Take liquid Sucrafil-O and tablet Pantovik-D empty stomach for seven days and take care of your diet.

Start vaginal progesterone support to prevent miscarriage and investigate the cause of previous micarriage.

|