Quadriceps Strengthening

I cannot bend my knee without having pain. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having knee problems for a while. It feels like my knee needs to be popped but it will not. I cannot bend my knee without having pain. Could someone please tell me, why is it? And what should I do to make it feel better?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query to this platform. You are actually quite young to be having persistent knee pains. Your knee pain could be due to certain reasons. But, common ones are chondromalacia, pain due to knee instability, inflammation, etc. If there is no history of ...  Read Full »

What is the use of Cartigen-Duo and Miol OD tablets?

Query: Hi doctor, I was suggested to use Cartigen-Duo and Miol OD tablets to cure knee pain, which is due to some cartilage damage. How these medicines helpful for this purpose? What is the exact use of Cartigen-Duo and Miol OD tablets? Are there any side effects of the above two medicines? Is there any...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cartigen-Duo tablets - Glucosamine are claimed to build the cartilage of your joints. However, the results are variable. In the early course of disease they might be helpful for you, but in the later course of the disease they might not be helpful. Miol-OD is a multivitam...  Read Full »

My knee cap is very sore. Can I continue my cycling tour?

Query: Hello doctor,I am on a cycle tour. We have cycled approx 200 km over last 6 days. Yesterday my knee cap started hurting and today it is very sore when I ride, especially uphill. It mostly does not hurt when walking though. Do you think it is dangerous for my knee to keep riding even though it is sor...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. I think your quads are too tight pulling your knee cap up and your hip flexors are also equally tight. I recommend: Roll your quads on top of a foam roller and stretch quads and hip flexors in side lying position. Do some spinal extensions ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest suitable exercises for waist pain in a 60-year-old.

Query: Hello doctor, My 60-year-old mother weighs 67 kg and is with a height of 5.2 feet. She is taking Eltroxin 50 mcg for hypothyroidism, Olmezest 20 mg for hypertension, Gemcal D3 and Kondro OD for osteoarthritis of the knee joints and Folvite for mild anemia with a hemogl...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, quadriceps and hamstring exercises alone will not help in getting the waist pain corrected. She needs to do trunk rotation exercises, slow and rhythmic rotation to each side of the body left and right. Repeat them twice a day for a count of 15 times each....  Read Full »

I have severe leg pain from the last six months. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, Since the last six months, I suddenly developed severe pain in both the legs. It arises from the thigh, goes to the calf, and finally reaches the heel. I am unable to go up the stairs or use the Indian style toilets.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, I feel that you have patellofemoral compression pain, which gets worse on going up and down stairs. After a period of rest, you may feel severe pain in the the knees, but as you walk the pain will ease. I suggest the following: Take Voveran SR (D...  Read Full »

What will be the best treatment for pulled tendons in the knee?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to a doctor, who told me that I have pulled some tendons in my right knee. It hurts when bent and if I run or walk. What would be the best way forward with the healing process? Can I still use the exercise bike at the gym? I am currently using Voltarol gel to help ease the pai...  Read Full »

Dr. Saswati Nanda

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As the doctor said, it is a tendon pull, which means it is due to overstretching of the tendon. So, I suggest you follow the following steps: You have to give rest to that part to promote the healing process. Avoid weight-bearing exercises. You can use a knee support...  Read Full »

Do you think that my doctor's suggestion is right regarding my DVT and knee injury?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I met with an accident and the doctor diagnosed my knee with complete ACL tear and partial MCL injury. So, I started using a knee brace. Two days later, I took a long duration flight without taking any medication of thrombosis. However, I started taking Ibuprofen tablets (twice ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and would like to give replies to your queries accordingly. The issue is that you have a concomitant knee ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) and MCL (medial collateral ligament) injury for which a surgical procedure will be required as you ...  Read Full »

I am getting knee pain even with a simple activity. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 27 year old male. My weight is 85 kg and height is 179 cm. About 2 years ago, I participated in a half marathon. On that day, I started feeling pain in both knees above the patella. I think in quadriceps tendon. I followed RICE and the pain went off. But, after that, whenever I do s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms and pain, I have a few points to mention. It is possible that the pain is due to quadriceps pull. However, a condition called chondromalacia patellae should also be ruled out. Do you have pain in climbing upwards or upstairs? I wou...  Read Full »

Other than painkiller, can you suggest some option for knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from knee OA. It is more on the left than the right. Her age is 54. She feels pain while walking and as a result of that she is unable to reduce weight. Currently, she is taking Jointace tablet, but there is no relief. Can you suggest some alternate option oth...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is definite degeneration in both her knee joints, which is also expected to happen at this age. As far as management, it will be better if I can know a few more details fr...  Read Full »

Please give some advise to regain the strength of my knees.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I have a little problem that effects my daily hobbies. I play basketball and play in such a way that I am constantly running and jumping at maximum effort each time. When I was a little bit younger, I had a pretty bad case of Osgood-Schlatter disease. It was from consta...  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description, your symptoms are as similar to Osgood-Schlatter disease. This problem is usually seen in the active adolescent age group, mostly affected region are the places where your tendons and bone come together. In your case, the growing tibial tuberosity...  Read Full »