Quadriceps Strengthening

What causes sharp knee pain in me for the last 2 months?

Query: Morning, SEX: M Weight: 162 Height" 5'11 Age 35 I am trying to avoid going to a doctor/hospital due to the current pandemic situation, but my left knee has progressively gotten worse over the last 2.5 months. I am not 100% sure what caused the pain, as I play disc golf (have not played since this...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: are you able to squat comfortably and completely?  Read Full »

Can you give me a second opinion regarding my DVT and knee injury?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I met with an accident and the doctor diagnosed my knee with complete ACL tear and partial MCL injury. So, I started using a knee brace. Two days later, I took a long duration flight without taking any medication of thrombosis. However, I started taking Ibuprofen tablets (twice ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and would like to give replies to your queries accordingly. The issue is that you have a concomitant knee ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) and MCL (medial collateral ligament) injury for which a surgical procedure will be required as you ...  Read Full »

Why am I getting knee pain even with simple activity?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 27 year old male. My weight is 85 kg and height is 179 cm. About 2 years ago, I participated in a half marathon. On that day, I started feeling pain in both knees above the patella. I think in quadriceps tendon. I followed RICE and the pain went off. But, after that, whenever I do s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti A. Goel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms and pain, I have a few points to mention. It is possible that the pain is due to quadriceps pull. However, a condition called chondromalacia patellae should also be ruled out. Do you have pain in climbing upwards or upstairs? I wou...  Read Full »

What can be done to relieve knee pain apart from taking painkillers?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from knee OA. It is more on the left than the right. Her age is 54. She feels pain while walking and as a result of that she is unable to reduce weight. Currently, she is taking Jointace tablet, but there is no relief. Can you suggest some alternate option oth...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is definite degeneration in both her knee joints, which is also expected to happen at this age. As far as management, it will be better if I can know a few more details fr...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to do straight leg exercise post meniscal tear?

Query: Hello doctor, Almost a year ago, I tore my meniscus. I was told no surgery needed and did PT for severe muscle atrophy for 12 weeks. Everything was going well. Then quarantine happened and leg started getting weaker due to lack of normal physical activity. Now my knee hurts, feels weak sometimes wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Manav Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, there is a loss of bulk and muscle atrophy due to reflex inhibition in patients with injuries of the knee. Exercises and rehab usually prevent it. You need to elaborate on certain details. Do you take a high protein diet? Did your back hurt as well? What is...  Read Full »

How to regain the strength of my knees?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I have a little problem that effects my daily hobbies. I play basketball and play in such a way that I am constantly running and jumping at maximum effort each time. When I was a little bit younger, I had a pretty bad case of Osgood-Schlatter disease. It was from consta...  Read Full »

Dr. Srikanth Nara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description, your symptoms are as similar to Osgood-Schlatter disease. This problem is usually seen in the active adolescent age group, mostly affected region are the places where your tendons and bone come together. In your case, the growing tibial tuberosity...  Read Full »

Does the outcome of ACL surgery get affected by the patient's weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am planning to get an operation for ACL injury. After how many days of operation will I walk normally and do bike riding? How fast will I recover? My weight is 80 kg. Is there any problem for quick recovery with this weight? Kindly guide me.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After the ACL surgery, if the surgery goes well, usually you will start walking with the long knee brace from the second day of the surgery. Normally, you will be able to walk on your own after six to eight weeks of surgery. You can ride a bike after two to three months ...  Read Full »

What kind of exercise would help with the discomfort in thigh muscles due to injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old male. I played soccer throughout my teens competitively. Five years ago, I injured the muscle in my thigh, what I presume was a tear of which I sat out from sports for a week or two, however, was rushed back into playing by my mother who thought I was faking the inj...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In my opinion, you had a tear of your quadriceps muscle which has not healed properly and got reinjured again within less time. So there is a possibility that a scar formed on the tear area of the muscle leading to stiffness and numbness is due t...  Read Full »

I cannot bend my knee without having pain. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having knee problems for a while. It feels like my knee needs to be popped but it will not. I cannot bend my knee without having pain. Could someone please tell me, why is it? And what should I do to make it feel better?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query to this platform. You are actually quite young to be having persistent knee pains. Your knee pain could be due to certain reasons. But, common ones are chondromalacia, pain due to knee instability, inflammation, etc. If there is no history of ...  Read Full »

What is the use of Cartigen-Duo and Miol OD tablets?

Query: Hi doctor, I was suggested to use Cartigen-Duo and Miol OD tablets to cure knee pain, which is due to some cartilage damage. How these medicines helpful for this purpose? What is the exact use of Cartigen-Duo and Miol OD tablets? Are there any side effects of the above two medicines? Is there any...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cartigen-Duo tablets - Glucosamine are claimed to build the cartilage of your joints. However, the results are variable. In the early course of disease they might be helpful for you, but in the later course of the disease they might not be helpful. Miol-OD is a multivitam...  Read Full »