Quetiapine

Can Quitipin and Licab XL be taken together?

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother aged 80 years has depression from the past 25 years, and she has been taking Lithium tablets since then. However, recently as advised by a psychiatrist, she started taking Qutipin 100 mg and stopped Licab XL. Now she is taking Licab XL along with Qutipin 100 mg, as she w...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. There is no harm in taking both Lithium (Licab XL) and Quetiapine (Quitipin), as they are commonly used treatment for bipolar depression and can be used at the same time. In fact, I have at least 15 to 20 patients wit...  Read Full »

I have depression and diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Do I only have depression?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been experiencing mild depression since I was a child. My family problem made me extra depressed. After three years, I fell in love with a girl, but then she left me. This created a check for me, so I wanted to study more to prove myself. The depression kept increasing, but I sta...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to know that you are feeling better on your current medication of Lithium and Abilify (Aripiprazole). From the information you have given, it is difficult to provide a comprehensive opinion, but it does look like you have experienced some hypomanic symptom...  Read Full »

My 2.5-year-old daughter ate one tablet of Qutan 25 mg. What should we do now?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2.5-year-old daughter ate one tablet of Qutan 25 mg (Quetiapine). What should we do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is an antipsychotic drug causing side effects after prolonged use or acute side effect due to consumption in a large amount. She took this drug in a small amount that is in range of normal dose. If she did not have any side effect, you need to do anything. Commo...  Read Full »

Can taking different doses of Seroquel cause headaches?

Query: Hello doctor, I have ADHD, for which I take Seroquel 200 mg and Remeron 15 mg at 11 PM, every night. Last week, my doctor added Clonidine, which has to be taken at 4 PM. I felt fine after taking Clonidine, but four hours later, I decided to take a smaller amount of Seroquel 50 to100 mg, with the int...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I will like to inform you that the current pressure headache is just a coincidence rather than any relation to a drug. There is no such thing which causes a headache due to Remeron (Mirtazapine) and Clonidine ...  Read Full »

Can Quetiapine tablet be crushed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on 200 mg Quetiapine IR for some time. Finding it after years of medication tweaking to truly keep my bipolar II symptoms in check, with no significant side effects. I ran out while traveling abroad. Though I have no means of obtaining a new prescription, I do have plenty ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me enlighten you with the concept of IR and XR medication. IR medications mean immediate release; once you take the drug, its effects come in minutes and lasts few hours only. Most of the drugs are in IR form until we need them for some specific purpose. IR medi...  Read Full »

Are there any dangerous side effects, if we stop taking Convulex retard and Seroquel XR?

Query: Hello doctor,Are there any dangerous side effects, if we stop taking Convulex retard 500 mg and Seroquel XR 300 mg? I used to take these medications for five years. Now my doctor has recommended decreasing the dose slowly to end it.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Convulex retard (Valproate) and Seroquel XR are an effective medication used in different conditions like mood disorders, neurological problems, etc. You have not mentioned the reason for taking these medications for five years. If you are clinically better and are no ...  Read Full »

My insomnia is getting worse due to drugs used for my depression. Please help me.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 79 years old. I have depression for over ten years. I usually take 10 ml alcohol every evening. I had been taking Prozac 20 mg for many years. I suffer from insomnia. I am taking Mirtazapine 15 mg, Valium 5 mg, and Phenergan 25 mg. These give me sleep for 12 hours. Before three days...  Read Full »

Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please use Prozac in the morning as it can worsen sleep when used at night. You can take Prozac 40 mg. Do not increase the dose of Mirtazapine as higher doses of Mirtazapine cause insomnia whereas low dose help in sleep. Mirtazapine 15 mg is sufficient. Do not take Phen...  Read Full »

I Can Sleep Only After Taking Seroquel 800 Mg. Do I Need To Take It For Life?

Query: Hi doctor, About three years ago, I went seven days without sleeping. I was hospitalized, and they tried everything to get me to sleep, but nothing worked. Finally, after seven days, they put me on Seroquel, and it worked. Now, I must take 800 mg every night to sleep. I tried to wean myself down, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I want to inform you that you are having insomnia, which means sleeplessness,Insomnia is classified based on the duration of the problem. Symptoms for less than one week is transient insomnia. Symptoms for one...  Read Full »

What are the drugs incompatible with Quetiapine and Lamotrigine?

Query: Hi doctor, My query is regarding the incompatibility of Quetiapine and Lamotrigine with other groups of drugs. Now I have to get treatment for an anaerobic infection. I was prescribed Azithromycin, Clindamycin, Metronidazole and Mycomax. However, I will be extremely grateful if you list me all grou...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As such for Lamotrigine following drug interactions need to be considered as important. Valproate increases plasma level of Lamotrigine, hence dose need to be decreased if given with Valproate. Also there are increased chances of rash if given with Valproate. Ant...  Read Full »

Is Aripiprazole safe for a 65 year old diabetic and hypertensive patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 65 years old. He has bipolar disorder for 40 years. He also has diabetes. He is taking medicine for high blood pressure. For a very long time, he took lithium 1000 mg and oxcarbazepine 900 mg. 2-3 episodes used to happen, normally of long manic spell followed by gloomy/not...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Medicines for mental health conditions should be taken under the strict supervision of the psychiatrist. As mentioned above, lithium toxicity is a serious concern and it is good that you have ...  Read Full »