Quetiapine

Does intake of Seroquel cause some metabolic side effects?

Query: Hi doctor,I am taking Seroquel XR 150 mg for a few weeks. I have PCOS and I am obese. I am concerned about the metabolic side effects. Are they dose-dependent?  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns about the metabolic side effects of Seroquel (Quetiapine). There are some side effects developed after taking Seroquel and it is evident within a few weeks. The first side effects developed after taking Seroquel is gaining ...  Read Full »

I have depression and diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Do I only have depression?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been experiencing mild depression since I was a child. My family problem made me extra depressed. After three years, I fell in love with a girl, but then she left me. This created a check for me, so I wanted to study more to prove myself. The depression kept increasing, but I sta...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to know that you are feeling better on your current medication of Lithium and Abilify (Aripiprazole). From the information you have given, it is difficult to provide a comprehensive opinion, but it does look like you have experienced some hypomanic symptom...  Read Full »

Could my insomnia be due to increase in Zoloft dosage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking 100 mg of Zoloft for a number of years. On 14th, my doctor added another 50 mg which I take at bedtime. For the past few days, I have been experiencing severe insomnia and can rarely sleep for more than an hour at a time. In addition, I have begun taking 25 mg of Se...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The increase of the dose of Zoloft (Sertraline) can cause sleep problem, as you are facing currently. To manage this, you can change the time from night to morning or afternoon. If you altogether stop night doses of Zoloft (return back to 100 mg per day), then this s...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine to control aggression in bipolar disorder.

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and no medicine help with her aggression. She is currently on Zolam and Clonafit. I have also attached her other prescription reports for your reference. My mother beats and abuses our maid. She defecates in the room whenever she wants to...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concerns. First of all I feel that she is developing dementia as defecating in the room is not a characteristic of bipolar disorder. I understand she do it for punishing other family members and especially maid, but this is not so...  Read Full »

Am I diabetic or are my readings due to Seroquel?

Query: Hello doctor,My A1c is 5.4 and my fasting glucose is 107 and I was taking 800 mg of Seroquel which is a medication for paranoid schizophrenia and is known for causing diabetes and high blood sugar and five minutes after taking a 400 mg pill, one day my sugar went over 200 and the next day five minut...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreejith Mg

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Quetiapine (Seroquel) in such high doses may produce hyperglycemia. So, the first possibility is drug-induced hyperglycemia. So, try to reduce the dosage after consulting your doctor. You have to monitor your blood sugar regularly when you are taking these type of dr...  Read Full »

Will switching to Wellbutrin from Cymbalta cause any adverse effects?

Query: Hi doctor, My current medications are 60 mg Cymbalta for depression and 300 mg Seroquel for the sleep disorder. I am in my 40s and I have had a few episodes of depression during my lifetime. I was lucky enough to be able to attend a psychiatrist in a country I lived in for a long time. It was a g...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. You can take Cymbalta and Seroquel. You are already on both medications, so you should continue both medications. If you fill depressed then take tablet Wellbutrin 150 mg once in the morning for a short period of time, th...  Read Full »

I am on depressive medications and do not feel like going to work. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been using Fluvoxin 100 mg, Oxetol 450 mg and Quetiapine 100 mg for depression and OCD for five years. My problem is I am not regular to work as I do not feel to go to work. I feel like this only in the morning. I want to be in the bed. I do not feel it is because only of slee...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that your depressive symptoms are bothering you. It may be helpful to increase the dose of Fluvoxin (Fluvoxamine) and reduce the dose of quetiapine, so discuss with your psychiatrist for increasing the doses of antidepressant Fluvoxin. Do regular exercise, or g...  Read Full »

Please suggest the dosage of Pregabalin for fibromyalgia.

Query: Hello doctor, My sister takes 225 mg Pregabalin for fibromyalgia at 7 PM, but it is not giving any relief from pain. She has severe back pain. We tried another 150 mg at 10 PM and the pain reduced fairly. What is the right dose and at what time it should be given? I am attaching her medicine list fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, if that much dose is not effective in fibromyalgia you ought to change it. I understand she is on Quetiapine and also on Effexor (Venlafaxine). I understand that they started it for depression or bipolar disorder. Well, the other drugs you can consider...  Read Full »

Can Quitipin and Licab XL be taken together?

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother aged 80 years has depression from the past 25 years, and she has been taking Lithium tablets since then. However, recently as advised by a psychiatrist, she started taking Qutipin 100 mg and stopped Licab XL. Now she is taking Licab XL along with Qutipin 100 mg, as she w...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. There is no harm in taking both Lithium (Licab XL) and Quetiapine (Quitipin), as they are commonly used treatment for bipolar depression and can be used at the same time. In fact, I have at least 15 to 20 patients wit...  Read Full »

My 2.5-year-old daughter ate one tablet of Qutan 25 mg. What should we do now?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2.5-year-old daughter ate one tablet of Qutan 25 mg (Quetiapine). What should we do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is an antipsychotic drug causing side effects after prolonged use or acute side effect due to consumption in a large amount. She took this drug in a small amount that is in range of normal dose. If she did not have any side effect, you need to do anything. Commo...  Read Full »