Quetiapine Withdrawal

Can taking different doses of Seroquel cause headaches?

Query: Hello doctor, I have ADHD, for which I take Seroquel 200 mg and Remeron 15 mg at 11 PM, every night. Last week, my doctor added Clonidine, which has to be taken at 4 PM. I felt fine after taking Clonidine, but four hours later, I decided to take a smaller amount of Seroquel 50 to100 mg, with the int...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I will like to inform you that the current pressure headache is just a coincidence rather than any relation to a drug.¬†There is no such thing which causes a headache due to Remeron (Mirtazapine) and Clonidine ...  Read Full »

My penis has no sensation at all. Could this be the side effect of Seroquel withdrawal?

Query: Hello doctor,I finally withdrew from the drug called Seroquel. But now my penis has no sensation at all. I have much more arousal meaning my sex drive is back. But it is as though 90 % of the sensation is gone. While on Seroquel, I had more, but I stopped the medicine due to many bad side effects. I...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Seroquel is Quetiapine, and the drug is an antipsychotic and mood stabilizer drug. In high doses in some individuals the drug is known to result in side effects like reduced libido, sometimes delayed ejaculation, difficulty in orgasm, etc. But Quetiapine is one of the ...  Read Full »

I Can Sleep Only After Taking Seroquel 800 Mg. Do I Need To Take It For Life?

Query: Hi doctor, About three years ago, I went seven days without sleeping. I was hospitalized, and they tried everything to get me to sleep, but nothing worked. Finally, after seven days, they put me on Seroquel, and it worked. Now, I must take 800 mg every night to sleep. I tried to wean myself down, bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I want to inform you that you are having insomnia, which means sleeplessness,Insomnia is classified based on the duration of the problem. Symptoms for less than one week is transient insomnia. Symptoms for one...  Read Full »

Why is my son put on Paroxetine in spite of having bad withdrawals previously?

Query: Hello doctor, My 28 year old son is being treated for bipolar disorder and depression. He has been on and off antidepressants since he was 16 years old due to high anxiety issues. He just started with 50 mg Serquiler one to two tablets at night, 600 mg Gabapentin thrice a day, 20 mg Paxil once a day...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Seroquel (Quetiapine) and Oxcarbazine (Oxcarbazepine) are indicated in bipolar disorder as both have mood stabilizing properties. Paxil (Paroxetine) and Gabapentine (Gabapentin) are used in anxiety or depression. As you mentioned that Paxil was used in the highest...  Read Full »