Q. Kindly advise me the steps to quit smoking.

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

My age is 20. I smoke five to six cigarettes per day for the last one year. I am unable to stop smoking. Please help me to get out of it. I do not want to smoke.

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I appreciate you for taking a forward step to quit smoking.

• It is quite easy for you to quit smoking because it is just one year since you are into it.
  • First of all, you need to set a quit date and inform your family and friends that you are quitting. Have a healthy diet and stress-free life. Avoid peer group that forces you to smoke.
  • Get out of the tempting situation. Avoid alcohol at least for a few months. Practice yoga and listen to your favorite music to keep your mind calm.
  • You might need Nicotine replacement therapy to avoid withdrawal symptoms. You can take nicotine gums and the dose of which can be gradually reduced.
  • If all these methods fail, then you may require other drugs like Bupropion and counseling sessions. Please consult a psychiatrist or a de-addiction center in that case.

For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|