Q. I was bitten by a chameleon. I did take Vaxirab. Now I am feeling pain in my arm and my back. Give me your advice.

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Dear Doctor,

I was bitten by a chameleon. I did take Vaxirab yesterday. Now I am feeling pain in my arm and a very little pain in my back. I fear if am infected by rabies?

What should I do. Give me your advice.

#

Rabies will not affect too early. What you are having now, could be the side effects of Vaxirab.

But if the rabies status of the chameleon is not known or if you cannot observe whether that chameleon lives for another 10 days, then you may also require Rabies Immunoglobulin. Ask your doctor for that. What you have taken is a Rabies Vaccine but you also require Rabies Immunoglobulin  for full protection.

Consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|