Racecadotril

What is the cure for loose motions?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from loose motions since last three days. I have visited a doctor. He advised me Oflox 200, Entroquinol and Deulac forte for three days. I have taken the medicines as prescribed until today but even then they have not reduced. I am traveling, so it is difficult for me. ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since there is no response, you need to change the medicines. You should have Oflox OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) 200 mg or 500 mg twice a day for five days along with tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg before breakfast for five days. Also, for symptomatic relief, you should ha...  Read Full »

Why do I have diarrhea after eating spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I ate lots of green chili pakoras with green chutney. I am not really used to such pakoras but, I ended up eating them anyway. From the next day, I started feeling a burning sensation inside the stomach and, then started the loose motions. I have been to the loo nea...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of indigestion and acute gastritis, which causes a constant discomfort or a burning sensation in your stomach. The duration of diarrhea can vary. Once the underlying cause is tre...  Read Full »

My dad felt lightheaded with loose stools and sweating. Is that heart attack or food poisoning?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad's age is 59. He is a diabetic patient. He suddenly got a severe stomach ache and passed loose stools. He also sweated more and felt lightheaded. I feel that he is abnormal. He refuses to go the hospital and he believes that if there is a pain in the chest, then it is a heart attac...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted all your father's details. Most likely the symptoms are because of acute gastroenteritis. Cardiac origin of pain usually radiates to the epigastric region only and full abdomen is not included. The loose stools shift the diagnosis towards gastroenteritis. Do ...  Read Full »

I'm having Fever with loose motions. Plz suggest medicines?

Query: Hello doctor, I have loose motions for three days. On the first day, I went to the washroom for eight times, but today it has come down to four times. Today, I also had a fever. The first day I took Metrogyl 400 mg thrice a day. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of an acute watery diarrhea in adults is a bacterial infection which is caused by various organisms. Metrogyl (Metronidazole) is an antiprotozoal which does not cause relief in your case as it is not an antibiotic. Hydrate yourself with plenty...  Read Full »

Can Pentavalent vaccine cause loose motion?

Query: Hi doctor, After taking Pentavalent vaccine my 2 month old baby is having loose motion for the last five days with tummy problems. Doctor suggests Ornidazole-Ofloxacin and Racecadotril suspension. Is it safe?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I see similar cases in my clinic every day. Pentavalent injection (combination of five vaccines: diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, hepatitis B, Haemophilus influenzae type b) in a 2 month old baby does not lead to loose stools. A baby can pass five to six stools in a d...  Read Full »

I kissed someone who had HPV. Could I be infected?

Query: Hi doctor,I kissed someone who had HPV, about three weeks ago. I have been having diarrhea, nausea, and abdominal pain for the past three days. I also threw up today. Could I have been infected?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. HPV (human papillomavirus) is spread through sexual route. It is a sexually transmitted disease. The common mode of spread is through vaginal or anal sex. Sometimes, it can be spread through oral sex also. For diarrhea, symptomatic management is done as follows: ...  Read Full »

I am allergic to Ornidazole. Can I take Imodium for loose motions?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from loose motions for the last one month. I have to go about three to four times a day and every time it is semisolid, with some liquids, and leave me in itching or burning in the anus. Initially, doctor gave me Zifi-O due to which I got balanitis. So, on the third day I j...  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of acute gastroenteritis. I suggest you to take the following: Take plenty of fluids and oral rehydration salt sachets (ORS). Take Multivitamins course once a day and Probiotics twice a day. For further queries consult an...  Read Full »