Radical Hysterectomy

Operated for cervical cancer. Explain about the current stage of the tumour ?

Query: Hello Doctor, My mother was operated on 18th July for cervical cancer (Wertheim's Hysterectomy). The operation was successful and she is fine and recovering. After the surgical biopsy, they declared it as stage 2B. Further we sent her slides to the laboratory for review and there they found th...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H. Muddegowda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the reports and my opinion is as follows: Diagnosis is that of squamous cell carcinoma of cervix, moderately differentiated, non-keratinizing type. Your mother has undergone Wertheim's hysterectomy, also called radical hysterectomy. This is the surgic...  Read Full »