Radiculopathy

Can a herniated disc cause testicular pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. Ten days back, I noticed that my testicles has moved up and are receding into my groin. I also have a dull pain in the testicles. This pain is not always there, but it happens on and off. I am worried that this may be a serious condition. Could you please l...  Read Full »

Dr. Jeremy David O'kennedy

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your pain. The most important condition to exclude when a testicle becomes high-riding with associated pain would be testicular torsion (twisting and occlusion of blood supply to testicle). Torsion is however incredibly rare in older males and occ...  Read Full »

Why are my feet tingly?

Query: Hello doctor, Since 19 months, I have had severe problems with tingling in my feet. This started one week after a 27 km run, where I suddenly got pain in my feet and had to stop. The pain went away, but the tingling started in my left foot one week later. At first, some intermittent buzzing in the o...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If NCV (nerve conduction velocity) and EMG (electromyography) had been normal, there is possibility can be: Muscle fatigue. Ligament or soft tissue injury pain. Mild neuropraxia due to some soft tissue injury, which is not evident in NCV. Radiculopathy. I would like to...  Read Full »

Could you tell me the underlying cause for sciatica?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been recently diagnosed with sciatica. I have some difficulty in walking. I am having Tramadol and Paracetamol for pain relief but they are not helping much. Could you tell me the underlying cause? Will I require a walking aid?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com. As you must be aware by now, sciatica is a term used when a person experiences radiating leg pain due to some pressure on the nerves. Assessment will include intensity of back pain, intensity of leg pain, the distance you walk without any requirement of analgesic and d...  Read Full »

Why am I getting cracking sound in my joints?

Query: Hi doctor, One year back, while sitting on a chair in office I felt as if my back got stuck and was unable to move. I took two painkillers and managed to sit there for a while, but after two to three hours the pain started radiating to leg. I was diagnosed with moderate disc herniation at L4-L5 and...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but you need to provide me the following details so that I can help you better. Is the pain radiating to legs? Do you have any tingling or numbness in legs? Any aggravation of pain whe...  Read Full »

How can I rule out ALS?

Query: Hi doctor, About five weeks ago, I started feeling some weakness in my left leg. I have consulted my family doctor and a neurologist. All physical tests showed no actual weakness. There were no other clinical signs and the reflexes were also normal. There is no activity or movement that I cannot do....  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The various symptoms you have described are due to L5-S1 moderate broad left paracentral disc protrusion mildly distorted the anterior aspect of the thecal sac and abutting without displacing the traversing nerve roots. When a disc prolapses and compresses the spinal c...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe pain in my leg?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 59 year old female. I underwent radical mastectomy before one and a half years and undergoing regular checkups for every six months. Recently I had pain in the right leg, from the knee to ankle region. I got an entire medical checkup done. They showed high TSH levels and also high...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the reports posted (attachments removed to protect patient identity). Many of the reports posted were normal, so to make it easy for you I will comment on each of abnormal ones and what to be done for them. Urine routine showing 10-15 white blood...  Read Full »

Why does my friend have numbness after hemilaminectomy surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am inquiring for a friend who underwent L4 - L5 hemilaminectomy surgery. He is recovering except for the persistent numbness, pins and needles and swelling in his left foot. It is more pronounced in the afternoon to evening. He is a teacher by profession. He has reported this to h...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It sounds like your friend is bothered by the persistent tingling and numbness in his left foot. I understand these sensations can be quite irritating, especially if your work involves standing for long periods. Did he have these tingling sensations in the same areas befo...  Read Full »

After an electric shock, why does my partner still have shock-like feeling and pain in his arm?

Query: Hello doctor, My partner got an electric shock to his right arm a year ago. Ever since then, he has felt like he is constantly shocked, and he has been unable to move his arm properly. He is on 750 mg of Lyrica a day to control the shock-like feeling and pain. However, the hand movement has not retu...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cases of motor neuron disease are seen after electric shocks. Most likely, your partner is experiencing wasting of muscles due to motor neuron disease post the electric shock. A motor neuron (or motoneuron) is a nerve cell, which directly or indirectly controls the effect...  Read Full »

Can you review my EMG, and reassure me that it is not ALS?

Query: Hi doctor, I want a review of EMG analysis to reassure it to be unlikely ALS onset. My knee and arm reflexes were normal, as were the strength tests. Does "good recruitment" in the presence of atrial fibrillation and occasional positive waves point away from ALS or MND? In those cases, would not th...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I read your query and understand your concerns.First of all, I would like to inform you that the available EMG (electromyography) report do not suggest anything which is found in motor neuron disease. My observation is based on the following facts:There are no fasciculatio...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms normally seen in peroneal neuropathy?

Query: Hi doctor, I got peroneal neuropathy after bariatric surgery. I have lost 97 lbs in the last six months, and all of a sudden, I was diagnosed with peroneal neuropathy in my right leg. My right leg was numb from the knee down all through my toes, but now the numbness has subsided and only my big toe ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Foot drop and impaired sensation on the outer side of the leg below the knee is possible by common peroneal neuropathy. But same can also happen by the involvement of partial sciatic nerve involvement or lumbar plexus involvement or the involvement of roots coming...  Read Full »