Rapid Card Test

Can any undiagnosed underlying disease interrupt with the test result of HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a possible exposure before November 2019. I do not know the exact date. It was oral sex after that I got tested on 19th April, May 28th, and June 14th 2020 all were rapid tests and negative and Elisa on 15th June and it was also negative. My question is, can any other underlyi...  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have tested three times April, May, and June and exposure is on November 19, then it indicates you are negative for HIV completely. You have done a rapid test and Elisa. Western blot test is more confirmatory. Yes, that false negative concept is there but if you...  Read Full »

Is HIV test a fasting or non-fasting test?

Query: Dear doctor,Which is the primary blood test for HIV? Is it fasting or nonfasting? I want to get tested for a routine checkup.  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The recommended primary test for HIV detection is the fourth generation HIV rapid test. You need not be fasting for this test. If there is a recent exposure and the test result comes negative, a confirmatory test needs to be done at three months of last exposure. ...  Read Full »

Do you feel CMIA is better than ELISA?

Query: Hi doctor, My CMIA on 177th day was nonreactive with an index of 1.4. My second CMIA on 181st day was also nonreactive with an index of 0.8. These two were done at different places. If you compare ELISA and CMIA combo for HIV antibody testing, which is better? What is the maximum window period of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: CMIA combo - chemiluminescent microparticle immunoassay is better as it detects both antigens and antibodies, whereas, ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent a...  Read Full »