Rapid Card Test

Is HIV test a fasting or non-fasting test?

Query: Dear doctor,Which is the primary blood test for HIV? Is it fasting or nonfasting? I want to get tested for a routine checkup.  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The recommended primary test for HIV detection is the fourth generation HIV rapid test. You need not be fasting for this test. If there is a recent exposure and the test result comes negative, a confirmatory test needs to be done at three months of last exposure. ...  Read Full »

Do you feel CMIA is better than ELISA?

Query: Hi doctor, My CMIA on 177th day was nonreactive with an index of 1.4. My second CMIA on 181st day was also nonreactive with an index of 0.8. These two were done at different places. If you compare ELISA and CMIA combo for HIV antibody testing, which is better? What is the maximum window period of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: CMIA combo - chemiluminescent microparticle immunoassay is better as it detects both antigens and antibodies, whereas, ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent a...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.