Q. Will Hydroquinone and Mometasone cause redness and itching after stopping it?

Dr. Rabia
Published on Feb 23, 2019

I am using skin lite cream for the past two years. This cream contains Hydroquinone and Mometasone. Now I am stopping the usage of this cream. Now in my face, I am seeing redness and itching like skin allergy. Please suggest the best creams or medicine to cure this problem.

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

You have developed contact dermatitis due to this medicine. As it also contains a steroid, skin becomes steroid dependent, so when this is stopped the face becomes red and inflamed. First thing for treatment is to use a good Sunblock OG SPF 60. The second thing is Metronidazole gel 0.75 percent and third is an oral antihistamine. Avoid all irritants and skin lightening agents further. Treatment will be long term. It will take time.

Contact dermatitis.

Apply Sunblock Spf 60 frequently every two hourly. Apply Metronidazole gel 0.75 % at night. Mix it with cold cream. Take oral antihistamine.

Avoid irritants, maintain hygiene of area, avoid cheap creams available in the market.

How can I get rid of marks on my chin?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a burn on my chin before 20 days. The marks are not going. What should I need to apply? Please suggest.  Read Full >>

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would recommend you apply Kojiglo Forte cream (Kojic acid with Hydroquinone two percent) on the marks at night along with an application of a broad spectrum sunscreen on the entire face like Faceguard gel (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate 7 % with Titanium dioxide 1 %) dur...  Read Full

What are the treatment options for sudden knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, This morning I got sudden knee pain. Since then I am having difficulty walking or moving my knee. I did not get my knee hurt. Please suggest some solution.  Read Full >>

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing to this platform. You have written sudden onset pain in the knee region since morning with no history of any injury to the knee. Also, I want to actually know whether there are any associated signs or symptoms of any inflammation like skin redness...  Read Full

Please advise the best treatment for heel pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I have started getting heel pain after exerting in tennis. Please see the photo of the pain area marked in red. Initially, I had continuous pain while walking. It is slightly more on the first few steps after rest or sleep. My physiotherapist suggested it could be a plantar fasciitis and ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain in the area of heel region, which has been marked by you and it looks like plantar fasciitis, which has already been mentioned to you. Just let me know whether there are any other signs and symptoms of inflammation like skin redness, local warmt...  Read Full