Q. Will Hydroquinone and Mometasone cause redness and itching after stopping it?

Dr. Rabia

I am using skin lite cream for the past two years. This cream contains Hydroquinone and Mometasone. Now I am stopping the usage of this cream. Now in my face, I am seeing redness and itching like skin allergy. Please suggest the best creams or medicine to cure this problem.

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

You have developed contact dermatitis due to this medicine. As it also contains a steroid, skin becomes steroid dependent, so when this is stopped the face becomes red and inflamed. First thing for treatment is to use a good Sunblock OG SPF 60. The second thing is Metronidazole gel 0.75 percent and third is an oral antihistamine. Avoid all irritants and skin lightening agents further. Treatment will be long term. It will take time.

Contact dermatitis.

Apply Sunblock Spf 60 frequently every two hourly. Apply Metronidazole gel 0.75 % at night. Mix it with cold cream. Take oral antihistamine.

Avoid irritants, maintain hygiene of area, avoid cheap creams available in the market.

|