Hydroquinone

Hydroquinone is used as a skin-lightening agent. It is used to treat acne scars, age spots, freckles, melasma, psoriasis and melasma marks.

What should I do to help my acne and dark spots?

Query: Hello doctor, I have acne and acne marks on my cheeks for about a year now. Please help me get clear skin. I am no current medications, but I have used Clindamycin phosphate and Nicotinamide gel before, that did not help.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Your statement and pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) show that you suffer acne and acne marks. You can use the following medication as follows- 1. Retino-A Tretinoin cream. Apply locally on your affected area twic...  Read Full »

How to get rid of black armpits due to Hydroquinone usage?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a fungal infection in both armpits for some days due to Hydroquinone's usage suggested by a doctor. Now both my armpits turned black. Kindly help me to turn them white.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from the blackening of both armpits. You had fungal infections in both armpits. After using Hydroquinone, both your armpits have turned black. For your fungal infections, you had t...  Read Full »

How to get rid of painful brown spots in my hip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 46-year-old female. I am regularly taking Thyroxine 50 mg. At present, I am suffering from skin problems. I have a few brown spots (a bunch of two or three) on my hip and back with a little pain and no discharge. In the past, I have spots on different parts of my body. At that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you are suffering from a skin problem on the hip with brown spots and pain. According to the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) provided, you may suffer from age spots. They app...  Read Full »

Why does my face texture differ from body?

Query: Hello doctor, My face texture is darker than my body texture. I have tried many face wash, face whitening creams and face packs, but nothing seems to work. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem is very common especially in males. This is mainly due to working outside in sun which causes mild to severe tanning which you have (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Skin will become tan or darker due to sunlight. The photo exposed part b...  Read Full »

How to lighten the darkness around my lips?

Query: At the ends of my lips i see it is little dark in color so i applied honey and sugar mix on the dark area.. it now became even more darker .. so i started applying neutrogena fine fairness cream for lightening the dark color.. after applying the cream my entire skin started becoming red and i als...  Read Full »

Dr. John Bocachica

Answer: Hello. Darkness around the lips is most common in people who are naturally darker complexion and who have quite a bit of sun exposure. Nothing darkens the skin as much sun exposure does. The first thing I would recommend is that you use a sunscreen SPF 30 or higher on a regular basis regardless of...  Read Full »

How to get rid of dark underarms?

Query: Please I will like to know what I can do about it dark underarm  Read Full »

Dr. John Bocachica

Answer: There are several reasons for a dark under arms. One of them is a condition called a campuses Niagara cans which can occur on its own without any associated illnesses or can be associated with endocrine disorders including diabetes it. Sometimes a contact dermatitis from a deodorant for example can ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest the best medicine for rosacea.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 year old female. My past medical history includes rosacea (15 years), perioral dermatitis (7 years), melasma and hyperpigmentation in the upper cheeks for three years and ADHD. I am currently under Noritate, occasional Elidel during flare up and Adderall 2.5 mg daily. My hyper...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, here I discuss everything one by one. You had rosacea and for that you were using Noritate (Metronidazole) and Ziana (combination of Clindamycin phosphate and Tretinoin). Since how long you were using these medicines? For rosacea, new creams have come which are b...  Read Full »

Why do I have a foul-smelling dark patch on my forehead?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a dark patch on my forehead which smells bad. For this, I have tried laser treatment as well. But, it did not work. Please help.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know few more details to give you a beneficial treatment plan. Since how long you have the patch? Is there any pain, burning or itching sensation? When and which laser you underwent and for how many session? Please do send clear photos of that...  Read Full »

How are black patches and pores on cheek treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My age is 35. I have black patches on my face and pores on the cheek. Black patches first occurred 3 years ago for the first time. How to remove them and get a fair skin? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Sudhir Kumar N

Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. Black patches over the face may be most commonly postinflammatory pigmentation which occurs usually after acne (pimples) or any trauma. It can also occur due to sun damage which is termed as melasma.   Read Full »

How to cure sunken eyes?

Query: Helo doctor, The area under my eyes has sunken over a period of time. It has caused a  dark circle to appear below my eyes. I read about 'enophthalmos', a possible cause of this. Is there any treatment available for it? Where should I start?  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your eyes do not seem to be sunken. Do you use spectacles? Persons using spectacles may sometimes feel that their eyes are sunken. If you are still in doubt, you can consult an ophthalmolo...  Read Full »