Hydroquinone

Hydroquinone is used as a skin-lightening agent. It is used to treat acne scars, age spots, freckles, melasma, psoriasis and melasma marks.

What is the reason for the development and spreading of black spots on the face in two years?

Query: Hello doctor, Two years ago, I got some four or five black dots on my face, which looked like moles. But, I think it is spreading. The count is now 30 to 40. What can I do? Can you please suggest any treatment or medicine? Please note that my skin type is oily, and my mom also has this problem.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, I think they could be freckles. Do send me images of the same, so I can confirm my diagnosis. Freckles or ephelides are common in individuals who sunburn easily and do not tan, whereas it is uncommon among people who are dark complexioned. I sugg...  Read Full »

How to lighten the darkness around my lips?

Query: Hello doctor,I see it is a little dark in color at the ends of my lips, so I applied honey and sugar mix on the dark area. It has now become even darker. So I started using Neutrogena fine fairness cream for lightening the dark color. After applying the cream, my entire skin started becoming red, an...  Read Full »

Dr. John Bocachica

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Darkness around the lips is most common in people who are naturally darker and have quite a bit of sun exposure. Nothing darkens the skin as much as sun exposure does. I would recommend that you use sunscreen SPF 30 or higher regularly, regardless of whether it is su...  Read Full »

How to get rid of dark underarms?

Query: Hello doctor,Please, I would like to know what I can do for dark underarm.  Read Full »

Dr. John Bocachica

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are several reasons for dark underarms. One of them is a condition called acanthosis nigricans which can occur on its own without any associated illnesses or can be associated with endocrine disorders, including diabetes. Sometimes a contact dermatitis from a deod...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my acne and dark spots?

Query: Hi doctor,I have acne and acne marks on my cheeks for a year. Please help me to get clear skin. I am not taking medications currently. But I have tried using Clindamycin phosphate and Nicotinamide gel. It did not help me.   Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your statement and pictures suggest that you have acne and acne marks (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You can try using Retino-A (Tretinoin) cream. Apply it to the affected area twice daily. Use Hydroquinone cream on the ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a solution to lighten the dark patch on my nose.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a dark patch on the nose for more than a year. It came while removing blackheads on the nose with removing rod during facial. The next day it was red on the nose, and after that, it changed to a black mark. I applied Skin lite cream but of no use. Please suggest good ointment t...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Use the following medications for two weeks. 1. Cream Flucort (Fluocenalone Acetonide). 2. Cream Melalite forte 4% (Hydroquinone ). At night take a 1:1 ratio of both cream and apply on the pigmented spot only. Avoid too much ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of black armpits due to Hydroquinone usage?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a fungal infection in both armpits for some days due to Hydroquinone's usage suggested by a doctor. Now both my armpits turned black. Kindly help me to turn them white.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from the blackening of both armpits. You had fungal infections in both armpits. After using Hydroquinone, both your armpits have turned black. For your fungal infections, you had t...  Read Full »

How to get rid of painful brown spots in my hip?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 46-year-old female. I am regularly taking Thyroxine 50 mg. At present, I am suffering from skin problems. I have a few brown spots (a bunch of two or three) on my hip and back with a little pain and no discharge. In the past, I have spots on different parts of my body. At that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you are suffering from a skin problem on the hip with brown spots and pain. According to the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) provided, you may suffer from age spots. They app...  Read Full »

Why does my face texture differ from body?

Query: Hello doctor, My face texture is darker than my body texture. I have tried many face wash, face whitening creams and face packs, but nothing seems to work. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem is very common especially in males. This is mainly due to working outside in sun which causes mild to severe tanning which you have (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Skin will become tan or darker due to sunlight. The photo exposed part b...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest the best medicine for rosacea.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 year old female. My past medical history includes rosacea (15 years), perioral dermatitis (7 years), melasma and hyperpigmentation in the upper cheeks for three years and ADHD. I am currently under Noritate, occasional Elidel during flare up and Adderall 2.5 mg daily. My hyper...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, here I discuss everything one by one. You had rosacea and for that you were using Noritate (Metronidazole) and Ziana (combination of Clindamycin phosphate and Tretinoin). Since how long you were using these medicines? For rosacea, new creams have come which are b...  Read Full »

Why do I have a foul-smelling dark patch on my forehead?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a dark patch on my forehead which smells bad. For this, I have tried laser treatment as well. But, it did not work. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to know few more details to give you a beneficial treatment plan. Since how long you have the patch? Is there any pain, burning or itching sensation? When and which laser you underwent and for how many session? Please do send clear photos of that...  Read Full »