iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and Gynecologyrelationship issuesI am having issues in our sexual relationship. Kindly help.

How to manage sexual relationship issues?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 19, 2024
Reviewed AtMay 19, 2024

Patient's Query

I am a 27-year-old woman. We are experiencing issues in our sexual relationship, such as dissatisfaction, which may be related to timing. We are not using any medications. Can you please guide me further and prescribe any medications?

Kindly help.

Answered by Dr. Raveendran S R

We welcome you to icliniq family.

I appreciate the confidence you place in me for your healthcare consultation.

Timing issues or premature ejaculation can be due to:

1. Stressful work, such as night duties or twenty-four-hour jobs.
  2. Conditions like diabetes, hypertension, and thyroid issues can affect premature ejaculation. Keeping your blood sugar, blood pressure, and thyroid hormones under control will help you.
  3. Long-term use of medication for hypertension and psychiatric conditions.
  4. Frequent masturbation or prone masturbation.
  5. Excessive pornography consumption.
  6. Receiving less foreplay from a partner or lacking knowledge regarding foreplay and female masturbation.
  7. Feeling guilty about having an affair.
  8. Lack of exercise and obesity.

You need to check FBS (fasting blood sugar) or PPBS (postprandial blood sugar) to rule out diabetes, check your blood pressure, and free T3 (triiodothyronine), T4 (thyroxine), and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) to rule out thyroid issues. I suggest you take the tablet Duralast (Dapoxetine) 30 mg as a temporary solution.

Natural methods include:

1. To increase the duration of foreplay during sex, women should receive 15 to 20 minutes of foreplay, and men should receive 10 to 15 minutes of foreplay for good blood supply to the penis for a long and hard erection.
  2. Foreplay should be done in a relaxed manner. Your partner should learn to give foreplay in a way that you do not ejaculate and can enjoy.
  3. You can try relaxing music.
  4. Delayed condoms can help you.

Inserting the penis into the vagina is not everything in sex. Sex is not a race, and duration does not necessarily mean your partner is happy. Love your partner, learn about female masturbation, and focus on giving your partner an orgasm or climax

I hope this has helped you. Please feel free to reach me again, in case of further queries.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Raveendran S R
Dr. Raveendran S R

Sexology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy