Relationship Issues

Please suggest non-drug treatment to overcome stress and depression.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. I have a good family and working in a leading MNC. I have a bizarre question to ask you. I hope you can give me good counseling. A girl and I were in love for a year. We had some happy times thrice. But note that we did not have any intercourse, to be frank. W...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I must congratulate you that you came out of your single status to seek help. Many well-educated guys like you suffer because of inappropriate guilt. In my view, you have not done anything wrong with your ex-girlfriend. This is natural to have happy moments when you hav...  Read Full »

How to regain sex drive?

Query: Hi doctor, My boyfriend and I have been together for 11 months. The honeymoon phase did not last long and on the end anyway. I noticed that within two to three months our sex life really slowed down. At first it did not bother me because he is more of a passive or shy personality. So, I thought I wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having sex in a long-term relationship is a sign of commitment. For some, sex might not be the only way to show the love. The very fact that he is affectionate to you shows that he loves you. Sexual phase is not the same every time. It is like a see-saw. I advise you to...  Read Full »

How do I stop dominating my husband?

Query: Hi doctor, This is not a medical issue, but I have not found any articles that could help me on. I have a very strong sexual and romantic attraction for my partner, and I consider our relationship to be healthy. I also have a very strong kink for being insulted and degraded in bed. The thing is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have explained about your relationship with your partner. You both seem to complement each other in the relationship. Adjustment is very important in keeping a relationship going and it can be from either of the partners. Your husband loves you and which is why he doe...  Read Full »

How to help my girlfriend, who is showing behavioral changes?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend has suddenly shown some behavioral changes. I know that she loves me a lot and I am with her past the 1 year and 2 months. However, some days back, she said that she has fallen for somebody in her office, who is married and has a kid. One fine day this guy from her office as...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all I would like to tell you that such type of sudden behavior change can be observed in depressive disorders or in personality issues. Another rare possibility is some relationship issue. She has fallen for a married man and this i...  Read Full »

What should be done if you feel like your partner does not care about you?

Query: I am in a relationship annd i am staying with him as live in. Sometimes what happens like ge doesn't care about me. I consider little things but if he is ignoring then i get depressed and feel like he doesn't need me any more. He respect my decision but sometimes he imposes his things on me like he...  Read Full »

Answer: Dear, Thanks for using Icliniq. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all I like to inform you that there is nothing called as perfect partner. Being intellectual being it is normal to have some differences with most intimate partner and accepting them as it is helps in moving f...  Read Full »

Please help me get over my breakup.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. My problem is that I loved a girl and now she moved away from me. She rejected my proposal. Now, I am getting suicide ideas. Please help me to come out of this.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your feel after losing your loved one. This is a natural human reaction to feel depressed and low after a loss. We call this as grief. You need grief management instantly or else your feelings can become intense and after two months of similar condition, it ...  Read Full »

How can I overcome love?

Query: Hello doctor, I am in love with a girl who alredy got married four years back. She was in my relation, so, we have some common realtives and nowadays we are meeting frequenty and I am feeling the same thing about her in my heart which was there 4 years back.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welocme to icliniq.com. First of all, we need to understand that this not something which is is unusual. We all come across with past experiences and associate with them on certain occasions. If those past experiences were pleasurable one that there is innate wish to re-experience them and sa...  Read Full »

How to deal with separation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 41 years old. I am dealing with separation. My husband is possibly a sociopath. He left the city two years ago and wants a divorce now. I am unable to go ahead with it. I need some help for my anxiety and the illusion he created years ago. Also, I was on Daxid 100 mg and stopped no...  Read Full »

Dr. Shivanand B Hiremath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand what you are going through. I would like to know some more details about the problems you are experiencing. Do you have a social support at present from some close family members or children or parents? Are you financially independent? Please give more det...  Read Full »

Why do I feel as if my friend is using me monetarily?

Query: Hi doctor, I do not have any health issue. But, I am not in mental peace with my close friends. I do something that is unintentional and it bothers my friends. This creates a sense of agony in me; it bothers me a lot as I overthink. The issue can be very small and negligible, but I think that one of...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. The feeling that your friends are using you for money could be occurring due to trust issues. This results in a reaction formation and ultimately results in worsening of the situation. To prevent sudden reactions try to remain calm. Try to find out the cause for reacti...  Read Full »

How to get over my boyfriend?

Query: Hi doctor, My boyfriend left me a year before. He got married now. But, I have been dying day by day for his love. Still, I love him a lot. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you are describing, it appears that he left you and it is irreversible. Many things in life are irreversible such as death, separation and so on. One must learn to let go and accept the loss. The more we try to hold on, the more it hurts. It may seem difficult t...  Read Full »