Relationship Issues

How to handle long-distance relationships?

Query: Hi doctor,I am in a relationship for the past four years and my boyfriend has now moved to another city. We were in the same college and I used to hang out daily. But, now things have changed. He is busy there with his life. We are talking so less and so I cry some days. I am not even able to study....  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you feel disturbed as your boyfriend moved to another city.  Read Full »

Why do I like to be alone?

Query: Hi doctor,I do not know what it is, but I feel as if I have fallen too hard. After a lot of try I got a job in a bank. It has been six months and suddenly I have lost all interest to go. I am on leave for the past one week. I feel like quitting my job. I feel like I lost the purpose of my life. I am...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, it appears that you are having depression, which is often characterized by sadness, decrease interest in almost all activities, including pleasurable one, indecisiveness, poor attention and...  Read Full »

My wife does not show interest in me after her delivery. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not here to complain about my life and I am actually seeking guidance. I am a 23 year old male who is married to a beautiful 27 year old female. I am a nice person and at least I believe so, a caring husband and a fun brother. Recently, we had a baby girl and she is 2 months old ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. First of all I do not think that anybody can have a positive outcome without the interest of the person in question. I understand your motive to bring back your wife as well as life to normalcy, but I thin...  Read Full »

My online partner is not talking properly. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, There is a girl I know from online for more than three years. I liked her before, but I was too shy to tell her. Last year she opened up that she likes me too. Last summer we talked a lot, daily had calls, movies online, shared pictures. She told me that she loves me, I told her too. Unf...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Long distance relationship has its own pros and cons. Likewise, in your case, in the beginning it was working but one to one direct interaction is always needed to have strong bonding. Especially, in such scenarios where one partner need much emotional support after ex...  Read Full »

Will my husband shouting at me affect my baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband is very broadminded and good hearted. He is an all rounder in every arena, both at home and outside. He can manage anything and can do any task. But, he quickly gets irritated when saw any flaw around. He expects me to be 100% perfectionist in any work at home. Due to the irr...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you are facing a hard time dealing with your husband at times he gets irritated and you feel concerned about your baby if she gets affected by this attitude. Here, I am telling you something related to psychological theories and research findi...  Read Full »

My past ugly experiences are pulling me back. Is there a remedy?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to be an obedient girl since my childhood as I am the youngest in my family with two elder brothers, which I am till now and I think I should not be so obedient to elders as from childhood I have faced every kind of abuse. I have been into three relationships out of which two rel...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Kansal

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have mild depression and mood swings. You need relationship counseling and career counseling to get out of your confusions. Past failures are only a lesson. Learn the lesson and move on. Past failures do not predict your future. Be it your past career o...  Read Full »

Please suggest non-drug treatment to overcome stress and depression.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. I have a good family and working in a leading MNC. I have a bizarre question to ask you. I hope you can give me good counseling. A girl and I were in love for a year. We had some happy times thrice. But note that we did not have any intercourse, to be frank. W...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I must congratulate you that you came out of your single status to seek help. Many well-educated guys like you suffer because of inappropriate guilt. In my view, you have not done anything wrong with your ex-girlfriend. This is natural to have happy moments when you hav...  Read Full »

How to regain sex drive?

Query: Hi doctor, My boyfriend and I have been together for 11 months. The honeymoon phase did not last long and on the end anyway. I noticed that within two to three months our sex life really slowed down. At first it did not bother me because he is more of a passive or shy personality. So, I thought I wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having sex in a long-term relationship is a sign of commitment. For some, sex might not be the only way to show the love. The very fact that he is affectionate to you shows that he loves you. Sexual phase is not the same every time. It is like a see-saw. I advise you to...  Read Full »

How do I stop dominating my husband?

Query: Hi doctor, This is not a medical issue, but I have not found any articles that could help me on. I have a very strong sexual and romantic attraction for my partner, and I consider our relationship to be healthy. I also have a very strong kink for being insulted and degraded in bed. The thing is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have explained about your relationship with your partner. You both seem to complement each other in the relationship. Adjustment is very important in keeping a relationship going and it can be from either of the partners. Your husband loves you and which is why he doe...  Read Full »

How to help my girlfriend, who is showing behavioral changes?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend has suddenly shown some behavioral changes. I know that she loves me a lot and I am with her past the 1 year and 2 months. However, some days back, she said that she has fallen for somebody in her office, who is married and has a kid. One fine day this guy from her office as...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all I would like to tell you that such type of sudden behavior change can be observed in depressive disorders or in personality issues. Another rare possibility is some relationship issue. She has fallen for a married man and this i...  Read Full »