Relationship Issues

I have a lack of interest and want to die. How to manage it?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two months, I am getting headaches, showing less interest in work and feeling to die. But, I did not attempt suicide as I am scary. I got married before 4 years and I was very happy with my husband. After some days, I fell in love with someone and I could not move on witho...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasan Vazhoor Ramsingh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am very sorry to hear about your current mental and marital problems. From the information that you have provided, you seem to be suffering from depressive symptoms for the past two months. It could be a part of an underlying depression or an adjustment disorder due to ...  Read Full »

I am in love with my friend, but he is not taking it seriously. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old. I live with my parents, but I feel very lonely. My long time school friend introduced me to his childhood friend and we have been talking for the past two to three months through mobile. I like talking to him and wait for his test messages eagerly. I have started l...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have involved yourself emotionally in this relationship and have gone a step further by getting serious about it. First of all, you should know the wavelength of the person with whom we like. Without knowing what he is interested in, do not jump into conclusions. Pr...  Read Full »

How to handle long-distance relationships?

Query: Hi doctor,I am in a relationship for the past four years and my boyfriend has now moved to another city. We were in the same college and I used to hang out daily. But, now things have changed. He is busy there with his life. We are talking so less and so I cry some days. I am not even able to study....  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you feel disturbed as your boyfriend moved to another city.  Read Full »

Why do I like to be alone?

Query: Hi doctor,I do not know what it is, but I feel as if I have fallen too hard. After a lot of try I got a job in a bank. It has been six months and suddenly I have lost all interest to go. I am on leave for the past one week. I feel like quitting my job. I feel like I lost the purpose of my life. I am...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, it appears that you are having depression, which is often characterized by sadness, decrease interest in almost all activities, including pleasurable one, indecisiveness, poor attention and...  Read Full »

My wife does not show interest in me after her delivery. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not here to complain about my life and I am actually seeking guidance. I am a 23 year old male who is married to a beautiful 27 year old female. I am a nice person and at least I believe so, a caring husband and a fun brother. Recently, we had a baby girl and she is 2 months old ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. First of all I do not think that anybody can have a positive outcome without the interest of the person in question. I understand your motive to bring back your wife as well as life to normalcy, but I thin...  Read Full »

My online partner is not talking properly. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, There is a girl I know from online for more than three years. I liked her before, but I was too shy to tell her. Last year she opened up that she likes me too. Last summer we talked a lot, daily had calls, movies online, shared pictures. She told me that she loves me, I told her too. Unf...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Long distance relationship has its own pros and cons. Likewise, in your case, in the beginning it was working but one to one direct interaction is always needed to have strong bonding. Especially, in such scenarios where one partner need much emotional support after ex...  Read Full »

Will my husband shouting at me affect my baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband is very broadminded and good hearted. He is an all rounder in every arena, both at home and outside. He can manage anything and can do any task. But, he quickly gets irritated when saw any flaw around. He expects me to be 100% perfectionist in any work at home. Due to the irr...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you are facing a hard time dealing with your husband at times he gets irritated and you feel concerned about your baby if she gets affected by this attitude. Here, I am telling you something related to psychological theories and research findi...  Read Full »

My past ugly experiences are pulling me back. Is there a remedy?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to be an obedient girl since my childhood as I am the youngest in my family with two elder brothers, which I am till now and I think I should not be so obedient to elders as from childhood I have faced every kind of abuse. I have been into three relationships out of which two rel...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Kansal

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have mild depression and mood swings. You need relationship counseling and career counseling to get out of your confusions. Past failures are only a lesson. Learn the lesson and move on. Past failures do not predict your future. Be it your past career o...  Read Full »

Please suggest non-drug treatment to overcome stress and depression.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. I have a good family and working in a leading MNC. I have a bizarre question to ask you. I hope you can give me good counseling. A girl and I were in love for a year. We had some happy times thrice. But note that we did not have any intercourse, to be frank. W...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I must congratulate you that you came out of your single status to seek help. Many well-educated guys like you suffer because of inappropriate guilt. In my view, you have not done anything wrong with your ex-girlfriend. This is natural to have happy moments when you hav...  Read Full »

How to regain sex drive?

Query: Hi doctor, My boyfriend and I have been together for 11 months. The honeymoon phase did not last long and on the end anyway. I noticed that within two to three months our sex life really slowed down. At first it did not bother me because he is more of a passive or shy personality. So, I thought I wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having sex in a long-term relationship is a sign of commitment. For some, sex might not be the only way to show the love. The very fact that he is affectionate to you shows that he loves you. Sexual phase is not the same every time. It is like a see-saw. I advise you to...  Read Full »