Relationship Issues

How to deal the relationship issues with my mother?

Query: Hello doctor, I love my family. However, there is a huge ideological difference between my mother and me. Our religious views are poles apart and I feel someone is smothering me with those ideologies because I tend to take full control of situations under me. (eg: vegetarian vs non-vegetarian, etc)...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your dilemma is quite common. It is perfectly normal to have ideological differences with family members, but we can continue to be close to our family. You made a very important comment that "I cannot seem to express myself clearly." It is important to sit down wit...  Read Full »

What kind of personality traits include problem with everyone and fluctuating mind?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I have been wanting to see a doctor for so long but I do not even know where to start from. I have been suffering from the same symptoms for over 15 years. I have been having problems with every single person in my life. My parents, friends most especially and peopl...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your concern with interest. It is clear that you have a social anxiety problem and an episode of depression. It is also likely that you have personality traits that result in such behavior. To make the final diagnosis you need to visit a psychiat...  Read Full »

How to deal with extreme stress and depression due to relationship issues?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from extreme stress and depression. I had a relationship for six years which was extremely deep, and it broke all of a sudden, and it leads to extreme depression and suicide attempts. After two years, I got recovered and then I started another relationship in which I wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can imagine how difficult it might be. You are having adjustment issues, trust issues on the surface. Secondly, there also might be cognitive distortions that are making you feel vulnerable and having frequent fights. There also might be self-esteem issues that are...  Read Full »

How to avoid unnecessary conflicts with my fiance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old woman staying with my fiance in a live-in relationship. He is practical, and every parent would love to have him as a son. He is the one I can go to for the suggestion because I feel he will give me a better solution and he is perfect. He has a lot of friends where...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common to see one partner being outgoing and having lots of friends while the other has a limited social circle. The best way to minimize conflicts in a relationship is to be open and talk regularly to prevent the development of any deep-seated resentments. Hav...  Read Full »

My online partner is not talking properly. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, There is a girl I know from online for more than three years. I liked her before, but I was too shy to tell her. Last year she opened up that she likes me too. Last summer we talked a lot, daily had calls, movies online, shared pictures. She told me that she loves me, I told her too. Unf...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Long distance relationship has its own pros and cons. Likewise, in your case, in the beginning it was working but one to one direct interaction is always needed to have strong bonding. Especially, in such scenarios where one partner need much emotional support after ex...  Read Full »

My partner is not talking to me and I am feeling alone. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having trouble in my relationship, my partner has not been contacting me for the past one month and it is affecting me a lot. I am talking to myself considering that I am talking to him, I am making up stories of why he is doing this, sometimes the story is against him and somtimes ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This will last for some more weeks and you will then get adjusted to new change in your life. If he is not contacting you and is totally ignoring you then in that case there is no benefit in thinking about him. If he is so stubborn that he has no contact with you for...  Read Full »

I miss my best friend and feel depressed. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old boy. Last year, I made a very best friend. He was like my second half. He used to share each and everything with me. A few months back, I saw him with his ex-girlfriend, and they were in a relationship now. He never told me that. She lives near my home, and my friend...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. This is completely normal at the age of 18 years. You like your friend as a friend and not as a partner. He was very close to you, but it does not mean you are gay. This is a very common feeling at your age. At this age, we can get attra...  Read Full »

How can I get over my partner after relationship issues?

Query: Hello doctor, What to do now? I was in love with a girl for five years when I was doing my college and then I told my parents and they did not agree. She also loved me back. In her home also they will not accept. Now both of us are not talking for the past one and half years. I am working now and s...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The best answer is to ask yourself whether you wish to and looking forward to marrying her or not? If not, you need to move on. A girl, unlike man, cannot call and text you just for the sake of pleasing you. Girls are always under the radar of their family and society. ...  Read Full »

My fiance is not giving me time and I am feeling depressed. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I feel so depressed from the past few weeks. I am in a relationship wherein, my fiance is not able to give me time. We are in the relationship for the past 5 years. I am so addicted to him that I do not have any other friends in my life and I feel he is my everything. Due to some reas...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can see you are in a tough situation. Every relationship has many aspects which are mutual like mutual respect, mutual care, mutual love, mutual expectations. The problem arises when there is an imbalance in partners mutual love, care, expectations, etc. And it is mor...  Read Full »

How can I come out of a heart-break?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a broken heart. I am not eating or sleeping. I cannot live without him. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A heartbreak or a fall out of a relationship is a saddening experience. There is a feeling of loss coupled with damage to self-esteem. But lots of people experience it at least once in life. Here are a few tips to cope with it. Sitting or lying down all day at home ...  Read Full »