Relationship Issues

How to deal with separation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 41 years old. I am dealing with separation. My husband is possibly a sociopath. He left the city two years ago and wants a divorce now. I am unable to go ahead with it. I need some help for my anxiety and the illusion he created years ago. Also, I was on Daxid 100 mg and stopped no...  Read Full »

Dr. Shivanand B Hiremath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand what you are going through. I would like to know some more details about the problems you are experiencing. Do you have a social support at present from some close family members or children or parents? Are you financially independent? Please give more det...  Read Full »

Why do I feel as if my friend is using me monetarily?

Query: Hi doctor, I do not have any health issue. But, I am not in mental peace with my close friends. I do something that is unintentional and it bothers my friends. This creates a sense of agony in me; it bothers me a lot as I overthink. The issue can be very small and negligible, but I think that one of...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. The feeling that your friends are using you for money could be occurring due to trust issues. This results in a reaction formation and ultimately results in worsening of the situation. To prevent sudden reactions try to remain calm. Try to find out the cause for reacti...  Read Full »

How to get over my boyfriend?

Query: Hi doctor, My boyfriend left me a year before. He got married now. But, I have been dying day by day for his love. Still, I love him a lot. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you are describing, it appears that he left you and it is irreversible. Many things in life are irreversible such as death, separation and so on. One must learn to let go and accept the loss. The more we try to hold on, the more it hurts. It may seem difficult t...  Read Full »

How to deal the relationship issues with my mother?

Query: Hello doctor, I love my family. However, there is a huge ideological difference between my mother and me. Our religious views are poles apart and I feel someone is smothering me with those ideologies because I tend to take full control of situations under me. (eg: vegetarian vs non-vegetarian, etc)...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your dilemma is quite common. It is perfectly normal to have ideological differences with family members, but we can continue to be close to our family. You made a very important comment that "I cannot seem to express myself clearly." It is important to sit down wit...  Read Full »

What kind of personality traits include problem with everyone and fluctuating mind?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I have been wanting to see a doctor for so long but I do not even know where to start from. I have been suffering from the same symptoms for over 15 years. I have been having problems with every single person in my life. My parents, friends most especially and peopl...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your concern with interest. It is clear that you have a social anxiety problem and an episode of depression. It is also likely that you have personality traits that result in such behavior. To make the final diagnosis you need to visit a psychiat...  Read Full »

How to deal with extreme stress and depression due to relationship issues?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from extreme stress and depression. I had a relationship for six years which was extremely deep, and it broke all of a sudden, and it leads to extreme depression and suicide attempts. After two years, I got recovered and then I started another relationship in which I wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can imagine how difficult it might be. You are having adjustment issues, trust issues on the surface. Secondly, there also might be cognitive distortions that are making you feel vulnerable and having frequent fights. There also might be self-esteem issues that are...  Read Full »

How to avoid unnecessary conflicts with my fiance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old woman staying with my fiance in a live-in relationship. He is practical, and every parent would love to have him as a son. He is the one I can go to for the suggestion because I feel he will give me a better solution and he is perfect. He has a lot of friends where...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common to see one partner being outgoing and having lots of friends while the other has a limited social circle. The best way to minimize conflicts in a relationship is to be open and talk regularly to prevent the development of any deep-seated resentments. Hav...  Read Full »

My online partner is not talking properly. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, There is a girl I know from online for more than three years. I liked her before, but I was too shy to tell her. Last year she opened up that she likes me too. Last summer we talked a lot, daily had calls, movies online, shared pictures. She told me that she loves me, I told her too. Unf...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Long distance relationship has its own pros and cons. Likewise, in your case, in the beginning it was working but one to one direct interaction is always needed to have strong bonding. Especially, in such scenarios where one partner need much emotional support after ex...  Read Full »

My partner is not talking to me and I am feeling alone. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having trouble in my relationship, my partner has not been contacting me for the past one month and it is affecting me a lot. I am talking to myself considering that I am talking to him, I am making up stories of why he is doing this, sometimes the story is against him and somtimes ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This will last for some more weeks and you will then get adjusted to new change in your life. If he is not contacting you and is totally ignoring you then in that case there is no benefit in thinking about him. If he is so stubborn that he has no contact with you for...  Read Full »

I miss my best friend and feel depressed. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old boy. Last year, I made a very best friend. He was like my second half. He used to share each and everything with me. A few months back, I saw him with his ex-girlfriend, and they were in a relationship now. He never told me that. She lives near my home, and my friend...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. This is completely normal at the age of 18 years. You like your friend as a friend and not as a partner. He was very close to you, but it does not mean you are gay. This is a very common feeling at your age. At this age, we can get attra...  Read Full »