Relationship Issues

I am confused about getting divorced. Please suggest.

Query: Hi doctor,I have asked my husband for a divorce. I am not happy or in love with him. For eight years, he was into gambling and hardly contributed to our household. He has now stopped gambling for around three months since he found out that I was talking with another man. I have been trying to convin...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Thank you for writing to us. We are happy to help you.I have gone through what you have shared, and it seems that you are going through a difficult time with regards to your husband. I understand how it feels to be in a relationship which is not giving you anything and i...  Read Full »

I keep worrying that he is going to cheat on me again. How to overcome?

Query: Hello doctor, My boyfriend cheated on me several times when we were dating, and I had no idea about it. But, we patched things up and got engaged. I love and have feelings for him. I keep worrying that he is going to cheat on me again. He is not cheating on me now, but I still have a weird possessiv...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. After knowing that your boyfriend was cheating on you in the past, you have repetitive intrusive thoughts that he can cheat again. This feeling of suspiciousness is normal to some extent, but if it is troubling you, making you restless, an...  Read Full »

I cry even for small things at the age of 18 years. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I have not been through anything bad, but I end up crying a lot for every little thing. All my emotions hit me at once, and I cannot stop crying. I am 18 years old. I am in a relationship with a guy, and things are not smooth. I have trouble sleeping. What do you suggest?  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I can understand your concern regarding your low mood and emotional outbreaks.You are just 18 years old. At this age as personality is not fixed lots of conflicts comes in a relationship with the partner which is a normal thing. I will suggest you handle them with maturity...  Read Full »

My husband belittles me to avoid going out anywhere. How to change this one?

Query: Hello doctor, Is it normal to not want to be anywhere near your husband? He is not abusive in any way, he just belittles everyone around him. I do not want to go to work or anywhere, I just want to stay home while he is not at home. I am unhappy and I do not feel like myself. I just want to feel no...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It is painful to have such feeling. Before going into the details, I would like to know few details. He is not abusive, but is there any particular dispute between both of you? You have mentioned that he belittles everyone. Does he belitt...  Read Full »

How to fade away my feelings for my boyfriend?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel lifeless most of the times. I do not find peace anymore, and I do not feel like doing anything. It is all because of that one person, and I believe he is destroying my life, but I still love him. I do not want to have feelings for anyone, and I want to be heartless, single, fr...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. All your problems seem to be related to the relationship issue. The moment you try to forget actively or stay away from someone, usually it never works. The basic human psychology is that if you go behind someone or give the key to your happines...  Read Full »

My parent's activities cause disturbance in my marriage life. How to manage it?

Query: Hi doctor,My parents bought the house where I live with my husband, and we pay them every month for it. Also, they were cosigners to get us into the mobile home park, and we pay a lot. Every time we are late on the payment and my parents want to know every detail of our finance. It is causing stress...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your interpersonal relationship with your parents. You have already a grown up lady. Overprotectiveness from your parents irritate you, and this is very evident. I will suggest you communicate with them and discuss with them. Make ...  Read Full »

How to tackle my recent breakup?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old engineering student. Life has been good to me for all these years. Eight months ago I met a girl, and since I met her, I have not spent a day without talking to her, and it was a long distance relationship. Now, I was very inexperienced when it comes to love as it requ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iciniq.com. I have read the details you provided, and I can understand your concern. It is good that you have improved yourself and are doing fine now. Your primary concern is that you are not able to forget the past and this is bothering you. You are just 20, and you have your wh...  Read Full »

How useful is marriage counseling?

Query: Hi doctor, We applied for a divorce, and we are going to a psychiatrist for counseling as advised. The reason for divorce is that my wife is not willing to have sex, but complaining that I have some problem. I hope she loves someone and still having contact with him. My friend informed that during...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I guess you know and understand thoroughly what exactly divorce counseling means. By this, the couple will figure out why their relationship did not work and to have the insight of the unhappiness felt by the couple. The medication varies accordingly. They may be for a...  Read Full »

What should be done if you feel like your partner does not care about you?

Query: Hi doctor,I am in a relationship and staying with him. I feel like he does not take care of me. If he ignores me, I get depressed and feel like he does not need me anymore. He respects my decisions but imposes things on me. If he does some work, he is not willing to tell me. Though I support him, he...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I like to say that there is nothing called a perfect partner. It is normal to have some differences with the most intimate partners and accepting them helps to move forward. You need to have some collaboration as well as independence in the relationship. As he respects ...  Read Full »

I have a lack of interest and want to die. How to manage it?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two months, I am getting headaches, showing less interest in work and feeling to die. But, I did not attempt suicide as I am scary. I got married before 4 years and I was very happy with my husband. After some days, I fell in love with someone and I could not move on witho...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasan Vazhoor Ramsingh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am very sorry to hear about your current mental and marital problems. From the information that you have provided, you seem to be suffering from depressive symptoms for the past two months. It could be a part of an underlying depression or an adjustment disorder due to ...  Read Full »