Renal Pelvis

What is extrarenal pelvis of the right kidney?

Query: Hi doctor, In my kidney ultrasound, my left kidney shows mild dilatation of calyces with dilated extrarenal pelvis of approximately 39 mm. What does it mean?  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The calyceal pelvic system dilatation of kidney could be due to one of the following reasons: Congenital. Focal infection of or at calyx or extrarenal pelvis of kidney. Stricture - narrowing of the neck of calyx or extrarenal pelvis. Stone impacted at the neck of extrare...  Read Full »

The scan report showed fetal left kidney obscured. Is there any problem for my baby?

Query: Hi doctor, Today I took my 36th week scan. In that they mentioned mild fullness of fetal right pelvis noted 5 mm. Fetal left kidney obscured. And, they suggested to do a scan for the baby after delivery. Is there any problem for baby? Please clarify it.  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have to see the report and scan copies first and then I can comment better on that. There can be a fullness of renal pelvis and it can be normal. As far as another kidney is concerned, they have written as you said obscured. That mean they cannot find in that scan. Ther...  Read Full »

After the diagnosis of hydronephrosis, what is the next step of treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18 year old girl. My height is 5 feet and weight is 42 kg. I have been suffering from frequent stomach ache for the past two to three months. I do not have any problem in urination. I thought that the pain was due to some food infection. Later, I was diagnosed to have moderate le...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is necessary to do a DTPA nuclear scan (Diethylene triamine penta aceticacid) to confirm the diagnosis of UPJ obstruction (renal pelvis obstruction) and to know the severity of obstruction. Only then, you should go for surgery. Yes, it can be done by laparoscopy. It ne...  Read Full »

My second anomaly scan shows two markers for DS. Is there a need to worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old female. My first trimester NT and double marker test showed a very low risk of 1:3690 for DS and 1:100000 for two other abnormalities. During the second-trimester anomaly scan, the doctor found two markers, CP cyst and mild RPD 4 mm and 4.5 mm. I have given blood fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Verma

Fetal Medicine Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and understand the concerns. The risk in serum screening is low. Choroid plexus cyst usually resolves by 26 weeks, if present as a normal variant. A renal pelvis more than 7 mm is abnormal, but more than 4 mm is doubtful. Hence, There ...  Read Full »