Restlessness

How can I get a refreshing sleep?

Query: Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleeping in the afternoon, as I am susceptible to the noise around me. I also feel restlessness (mostly in legs) in the middle of the night, decreasing my sleep quality. I am having thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. Such disturbed sleep occurs due to stress or anxiety, so in that case, we have to pay attention to that. Another reason can be some infection and sickness or maybe the usage of a mobile screen for long. As you menti...  Read Full »

Why is my mother, restless, has hallucinations, and a small bump on her head?

Query: This is on behalf of my mother, aged 82. She does not have sugar, BO, or cholestrol, and takes food normally. Four years ago, she underwent a major surgery SLEEVE RESECTION for GIST in the stomach. The operation was a success and the tumour was removed. The post operative pathology report showed som...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravi M Soni

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: hi... sorry for the delay... according to your explanation of the symptoms... to me it is more like delirium due to some underlying pathology..she is 82 yrs old.. so already her memory has been weaken by ageing...i dont know about her cognition and memory... whether she is able to identify and recog...  Read Full »

How to treat flatulence, urinary incontinence, abdominal pain, and restlessness?

Query: Flatulence and urinary incontinence. Abdominal pain and restlessness, No medicine. Male 30, 5.6 height  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. Good day. I appreciate you seeking medical help via icliniq. I have your query. So to answer to your query I want you to understand production of gas and feeling of fullness is more or less a normal phenomenon of human body. One can not completely shut down the gas production since it has it...  Read Full »

Please tell me ways to treat forgetfulness and disturbed sleep.

Query: Hi doctor, For a while, my memory has been really bad. A recent event with my memory is as follows. My alarm goes off at 7:04 AM and I looked at my clock at 7:05 AM and I could not remember how my alarm had gone off, which was only a minute later. But, things I memorized before some years are still ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your two symptoms, it is not possible for me now, to provide you the exact diagnosis. Forgetfulness, sometimes a symptom of depression. It is called pseudodementia. Disturbed sleep and restlessness can also be associated with it. But, for diagnosis of depression, othe...  Read Full »

I have symptoms of ADHD like fidgeting, restlessness, etc. Does someone gets ADHD in their teenage years?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 16-year-old male. I am concerned about my mental health. I have symptoms of ADHD like fidgeting, restlessness, being very talkative, losing focus or attention, but I am very extroverted, and my academic ratings are good. Does someone get ADHD in their teenage years? And am I on...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder) is a developmental condition which is noticeable since early childhood. Symptoms like hyperactivity, impulsivity, inattention will be present before the age of 12 years. Parents and teacher would have commented about it...  Read Full »

Why do I feel restless, tired, and sleepy all the time?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel my legs are restless and lack energy. I am feeling tired with frequent yawning and sleepiness in daytime. Sometimes, I feel nervous and vertigo while walking. Please suggest a medicine. I had Escitalopram 10 mg bd, but it did not work well. My other medication list is attached for...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you are symptoms of depression which are due to low dopamine levels. Escitalopram increases serotonin levels and there is a dopamine deficit remaining in most patients. My advice would be to add Bupropion (Bupron XL) 150 mg to existing drugs. Y...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my restlessness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling very restless, sleepy and crying the whole day. I have a feel that I am suffering from depression. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Hardik Tusharkant Bambhania

General Practitioner, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to know whether the way you are feeling has followed any stressful event or incident in your life. Also, since how long you are feeling this way is also an important aspect to be known, to be able to call it depression. Nonetheless, I will answer ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel restlessness in my chest while on treatment for valve blockage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 37 years old. Last year, when I was working, I had a restless feeling in my heart. So I left my work on that day and went back home. My pain got increased, and I immediately reached the hospital. After an hour, I got admitted to CCU, and I was there for five days. I had a blockage i...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You had coronary heart disease at a young age, and PCI (percutaneous intervention) was done immediately. Now you have to be very careful in this regard because those with a coronary artery disease have a further risk. First of all, reduce your risk factors. Avoid smokin...  Read Full »

Suffering from anxiety, and panic attacks for the last 3 years. Need second opinion on the prescription.

Query: Dear Doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for the last 3 years. I went to a neurologist 2 years back and he advised me to take REXIPRA 10 for 3 months, SOLTUS 50 for 6 months, HEMIDAP PLUS for 9 months & ZEPAM .5 for 12 months. Upon following these medications, I was improvin...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. As per your diagnosis of anxiety and panic attacks, there should be no doubt whether you need neurologist or psychiatrist. Both these conditions come under the domain of psychiatrist and they are more able to treat these ...  Read Full »

I feel a loss of consciousness when I am off of Paxidep. What should be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a professor and I teach daily for six to seven hours in standing position. Two years ago suddenly I felt a loss of consciousness and restlessness. This increases when I speak on an elevated platform. I have a high fear to get down and there is an appearance of loss of control in ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Clinically, your symptoms are suggestive of a postural related drop in blood pressure. However, that will not respond to Paxidep (Paroxetine) which is an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) and an antidepressant. I believe the sympt...  Read Full »