Rifampicin

I developed recurrent TB lymph nodes with no resistance to Rifampicin. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, TB lymph node recurrence was detected for the second time after a gap of two years. I got one lymph node removed surgically. Gene X pt report confirmed positive, and bacteria show no resistance to Rifampicin. A culture test with a sensitivity test will take over two months. I need cons...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhu Prasad N.c

Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like a relapse of your TB (tuberculosis) lymph node. As Rifampicin is sensitive, you can start on presumptive TB treatment for sensitive TB infection. The recommended regimen is category 2, according to RNTCP. And ask for DST (drug susceptibility testing) ...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for CSR in the eye?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 44 years old. I have CSR in my right eye. Please tell some solution other than laser treatment. Also, I see floaters in both eyes.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In simple words, CSCR is disease of the retina in which fluid is collected under the retina (central serous chorioretinopathy). It is common in people with stress and taking steroids. If it is the first time, then treatment is not advised until three months as in...  Read Full »

What could be the red, sore, and swollen lump in the groin?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a lump on my groin, which is red, sore, raised, and swollen. I consulted a doctor, and they said to try some antibiotics. But if they did not work, they said it might have to be cut out. I have bad anxiety, and I am so worried as to what it is. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It looks like a form of infection or inflammation. Is there any history of sexual exposure? What is the duration of the lump? How painful is this? Does any other site involve? The attached photographs in your message are not...  Read Full »

Will replacing Ethambutol with vitamin B12 injection help in diminishing vision problem?

Query: Hello doctor, Patient is a 61 year-old female. Six months ago she was diagnosed with bone TB and undergoing medication (Ethambutol, Rifampicin, and Isoniazid). After six months of usage, her eye vision is suddenly diminishing. Then her doctor told to discontinue Ethambutol immediately and started u...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and reviewed your uploaded MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would explain that these MRI findings (T2 hyperintensity in the optic nerve and the optic chiasm) are in...  Read Full »

How to prevent the side effects of AKT-4 taken for tuberculosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking AKT-4 tablet for TB. It is affecting my ear and mind. Please suggest an idea to stay against it.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The anti-tubercular drug AKT-4 is a cocktail of four drugs namely Isoniazid, Rifampicin, Pyrazinamide, and Ethambutol. I will concentrate on the side effects that have disturbed you now, side effects on the ear and the neurological effects. Most of the neurological ...  Read Full »

What does my child's Mantoux test indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, My kid is 2.5 years old. She keeps getting cough and cold every month. She is very sensitive to weather change. We consulted a local doctor and he advised for Mantoux test. The report says that the erythema and induration developed around 18x16 mm area after 48 hours. What does it mean? ...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Recurrent episodes of cough and cold occur when the child has decreased immunity due to some illness or it could be a symptom of tuberculosis. Mantoux test of more than 10x10 mm is suggestive of tuberculosis. In your child, it is 18x16 mm which is strongly positive. In...  Read Full »

How is multidrug-resistant tuberculosis treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. I have attached the reports. Please suggest a way to treat this.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen both the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Sputum report is positive and has also grown Mycobacterium tuberculosis. But the sensitivity test for all five first-line drugs is not done. Patient weight is also not mentioned. If it is...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for prolonged fever?

Query: Hi doctor, My brother is suffering from fever for more than 45 days. All the tests and scans are done. Bone marrow and hepatitis report came as negative. AB culture and TB culture report are yet to come. There was a bacteria Weil-Felix - rickettsia came as positive. His WBC count is 22000. He had me...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no doubt that he is suffering from severe infection. It could be due to rickettsia or tuberculosis. Doxycyline is the first line drug to treat rickettsial infection and fever should have subsided within 48 to 72 hours after starting therapy. But, it did not show ...  Read Full »

I have pus oozing lesion in my underarm. What can it be?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41 year old female. I am obese. My weight is 89 kg and height is 5 feet 7 inches. Currently, I am taking Thyronorm 75 mcg and Storfib 145. Previously, I used to get lymph node enlargement in underarms and groin area, but they never become lesions. I have been having a pus oozin...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might be suffering from hidradenitis suppurativa, skin disease that causes abscess and scarring which commonly affects sweat glands. Are both underarms affected? Please send good quality photographs for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment. Revert back with t...  Read Full »

How long should I take treatment to dissolve a tuberculosis lump?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small lump on the right side of my neck near the cervical area. I have been having this for the last one month. Although I am on treatment, the lump has not gone. The doctor took out the pus from the infected area, and the laboratory reports confirmed it as tuberculosis. In that...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you have a lump in the neck and was diagnosed with tuberculosis. AFB stain (acid-fast bacilli) might also have done for that apart from FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) to confirm it. Initially before testing, you were not responding because you ...  Read Full »