Ringing In Ears

Is Tinnex effective in treating tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have mild tinnitus effect. Continuous multi-frequency unreal sound coming in both ears and sometimes one particular tone become loud (tolerable) and lasts for 5-10 seconds and again goes to same state. I mean I have continuous mild ringing and sometime some tone becomes loud and again ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prasun Mishra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, tinnitus is a difficult condition to treat. Generally originates from hair cells in inner ear. If all investigations are normal, then various medicines can be tried. Tinnex (Caroverine) or Tinnicar 20 mg twice a day for 15 days followed by 40 mg twice a day can ...  Read Full »

I have ringing in my ears for a long time. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old, and I have ringing in my ears as long as I can remember, but I have never thought to ask about it until now. Is there something I should be doing? Should I be seeing someone?  Read Full »

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welocme to icliniq.com. The ringing sensation, tinnitus is a subjective sensation, hence should never be neglected. Yes if proper tests are done and you rule out any pathology then we can start behavioural therapy with which you slowly neglect the sounds. Tinnitus is the first sign of path...  Read Full »

Excessive crackling in both ears while swallowing or talking. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Excessive crackling in both ears while swallowing or sometimes talking. Also, have extreme ringing in the ears and feels like pressure in ears. Had my ears checked by an audiologist and said hearing is perfect and did not sense any negative pressure with the test.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have any nose block or headache or throat pain or jaw pain? Your ear problem can be secondary to these problems.  Read Full »

How to get rid of autophony?

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 19 year old male. From the last three years, I have been facing the symptoms of Patulous Eustachian Tube with the eustachian tubes partially open few times in a day. My own voice becomes distorted and sounds like it is coming from a vacuum. Breath sounds are enhanced and swallo...  Read Full »

Dr. Vikram Vel

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel a naso and otoendoscopy is first necessary to confirm the diagnosis. The condition is not dangerous unless it leads to some middle ear problem. If you can manage by doing a manoeuvre like how you described, it might help in symptom control and you may not need ...  Read Full »

Is ringing in my left ear due to sound from a loudspeaker?

Query: Hi doctor, I went to a chant few days back. There the loudspeaker was very loud. The very next day I noticed that there is ringing in my left ear. Now, it has been four days, but it has not gone. Can you help me? I am very scared. Has it caused any effect on my eardrum? Please see to it. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history of noise exposure and symptoms, it is suggestive of acoustic trauma. It occurs after a single exposure to very intense sound which cause damage to the organ of corti or damage the hair cells. Symptoms include ringing sensation in ear known as tinni...  Read Full »

I have ear pain after using headphones. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday I used earphones which fit directly into ears for a very long-time. Today I am having extreme unbearable pain in back of head and ears. I have stopped using earphones now. Is there a fast fix for this unbearable back head pain? Can I take Disprin (I never take painkillers)? I us...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My understanding and inference is that the pain is not related to the earphones or sound level. This is because of loud noise which usually produces classical symptoms like giddiness, ringing sound in ear, hearing loss, intolerance to loud sounds and some pain in ear. Y...  Read Full »

What would you advise for clogging of ears and tinnitus after a flu?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 44 year old female, mother of 2, 165 cm tall and 75 kg weight. Two months ago, I fell ill with a bad flu (may have been also an acute viral infection) with high temp (39 degrees), probable inflammation in the sinuses, nose, and throat and sinuses pain. The first antibiotic (Klaci...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhadeep Karanjai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The clogging of ears and ringing sensation (tinnitus) are probably due to accumulation of fluid in your middle ear post eustachian tube blockage, as a result of the upper respiratory tract infection you had had previously, a condition known as serous otitis media. I ...  Read Full »

Will using mineral oil help to cure ringing of ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 48 years old. A few months ago my ear was full of fluid, ringing, and infected. I took antibiotics which cleared up the infection. The fluid is gone, however, my ears still ring. Three weeks ago, I saw an ENT. He said that cells which had collected around the eardrum were impedin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Whatever mineral oil or any oil you instill, will only act outside the eardrum. The cells that are outside the eardrum form cerumen or wax and these oils will be helpful. I can give you the dose and duration for that. But however, if there was fluid inside the ear, n...  Read Full »

I took Neomycin for ringing sounds in the ear but still the problem persists. Please help.

Query: Dear doctor, I am hearing ringing sounds in the ear. It is three weeks now. I consulted a doctor and he said that everything looks normal but gave me Neomycin and I still have the ringing.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaishali Mehta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern regarding ringing sounds in the ear or tinnitus. This can occur due to varied reasons like: Oldage. Noise exposure. Blood pressure medicines. Local diseases in the ear. It can occur without a known cause too. I would advise you to ge...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms of ringing in ears and mild headache suggestive of brain cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old boy since the last six months. I am feeling physical symptoms like a tight band wrapped around my head anytime, tightness and pain in the neck, ringing ears, stuffy nose, sneezing, upset stomach, bloating, gas, back pain, eye strain, red eyes, mild headaches above e...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your brain MRI is perfectly normal, so we can completely exclude any possible brain tumor. In my opinion, your symptoms are compatible with a tension-type headache, which is a benign type of headache related to psychological stress. I recommend performing yoga and re...  Read Full »