Ringing In Ears

What should I do to my blocked ear due to a hit?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. Yesterday, I got hit on my ear and it is blocked. The sound is not going inside, and I am hearing a lot of air sound. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What do you mean by air sounds? Do you hear noises, or is there any ringing of the ears? Since you have hearing impairment following a slap, there are two possibilities. One is there may be trauma to the eardrum, which might have perforated with consequent hearing ...  Read Full »

Can you help me get rid of tinnitus?

Query: I have Tinnitus for 7 months I have attend to doctors who order me MR which came out positive hearing tests which came out positive I have taken Vastarel, Fluxina, Borila medications but I feel it is not working Could you help me, I am desperate. The noise I hear is a type of constant pinch tone  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Tinnitus in your case could be due to 2 different reasons. 1. Hyperfiring from the nerves 2. Chronic eustachian tube catarrh. In the first condition, there is unregulated hyperfiring of the nerves which causes perception of persisting sound in the ear without an outside stimulus. The reasons ...  Read Full »

How to prevent an anxiety attack because of ringing sound in the ears?

Query: Good day My situation started yesterday after taking a shower yesterday. I climbed out of the shower and noticed I had this high pitched ringing sound in my ears. This sound is really causing me to panic ; last night I has 3 anxiety attacks because of it and I took 50mg Sressam tablet but it did ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello First of all, please know that ringing sensation is very common and prevalent. There are many suspected causes for ringing sensation in the ear. The most common ones being - wax impinging on the ear-drum, sudden, loud noise, moving into a quiet room from a noisy environment and so on. You sa...  Read Full »

How is tinnitus treated?

Query: i have a problem in my ears that always used to sound at night and i get distracted i think i have a tinnitus problem and still now i didn't visited to a doctor because I'm afraid to get mri and CT scan because of these reasons i didn't tell to my parents please help me doctor...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyabrata Panigrahi

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Dear icliniq user, First of all Stop worrying ,start acting today. Relax yourself . Tinnitus can be due to many reasons. simple ear wax deposition to chance of tumor. So don't predict of any severe underlying cause behind the tinnitus that you are suffering from. Are you listening to loud m...  Read Full »

How to stop ringing sound due to a tear in the ear from inserting an earbud?

Query: In my left ear a thin hole in the membrane because of the putting ear bud in the ear it has been teared now, i am getting a ringing sound in my ear. what shall i do stop the sound in my ear  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! There is a high probability that you would have accidentally injured the ear drum while cleaning. This is a very common thing to happen and you don't have worry too much. The defect in the ear drum interferes with optimum sound transmission to the middle and inner ear and thereby you will have ...  Read Full »

Why do I hear a ringing noise in one ear better than the other?

Query: Please give me a meaningful response as i cant aford to reply and i am scared that i am slowly losing my hearing or something. I have had tinnitus in my ears for about 7 months now and it sounds kind of like T.V. static and its not loud so its okay, but today my phone emited a very high pitch sound ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi. Welcome to Icliniq. There are different causes of Tinnitis (ringing in ears) like Infections, loss of cells, inflammation, advancing age or few other diseases of inner ear. At your age hearing loss is less common unless having a disease. there are two possibilities Ear which hears high pitc...  Read Full »

Will cold episode result in peculiar sound in ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I have cold three weeks ago and I got a sound in my ear which is similar to a heartbeat, but the rhythm is very irregular. Last week, it got worse with another sensation which is a kind of sound around the neck. In adition to that, I have sounds coming from my jaw on the same side ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahendra Thakre

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your symptoms suggest a condition called tinnitus. Tinnitus is defined as an auditory perception of internal origins such as a buzzing, ringing, or whistling tone and can be perceived as either pulsatile or non-pulsatile. It can have a significa...  Read Full »

Why do I get increased ringing in ears inspite of normal ear test?

Query: Hello doctor, I have increased ringing in both ears. I have been diagnosed with post nasal drip. The left ear feels blocked and the left side of the throat feels clogged as well. I had taken antibiotics on the prescription but that is not working. My ear testing results were normal.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem seems to be due to sinusitis. Sinusitis itself can cause clogged feelings in the throat or sinusitis can cause secondary pharyngitis which can cause throat problems. Do you have a headache or nose block or excessive sneezing? I will want you to send me a...  Read Full »

Why am I having ringing sensation in ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I have experienced ringing in my right ear 3 days ago and it has not stopped since then. It is not that loud and I do not hear it when the environment is noisy. It is really bothering and stressing me out and I do not know what to do. I wanted to have this checked but it is just so ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Satyabrata Panigrahi

Audiologist, Speech Therapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Taking your age into account I would like to recommend you not to use earphones or listen to very loud music, avoid caffeinated drinks like tea, coffee, alcohol, if any. Sleep completely, do not take stress. Please mention which type of sound you are perceiving, tone ty...  Read Full »

What could cause ear pain on reclining with ringing sound?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is feeling pain inside her right ear. According to her, she feels the pain more when she lies on the bed or recline her head for any purpose. The intensity of the pain is also showing up around her ear too. It is her feeling that there is something inside the ear, which may be...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem could be due to an infection inside the ear or secondary to nose and throat problem. I would like to know if she has any nose block, excessive sneezing, or throat irritation? Any ringing sensation in the ear or giddiness? Any discharge from the ear, if y...  Read Full »