Ringing In Ears

Are Bioflavonoids effective in treating ringing sounds in the ear?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing plugged ears or stuffed ears for the past few weeks. Last week, I got a hit on my head and I took Advil. When I slept, I began to hear a ringing sound in my right ear. I went to the doctor and he checked my ears. He told me that my eardrums are fine but I think I can ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A ringing sound in the ear lasting for more than five minutes is called tinnitus. If it is less than five minutes, then it is not significant. Usually, it hears more in a quiet environment and it is more noticeable when you fall asleep. Crowded and noisy places serve as...  Read Full »

Why is my left ear hurting these past few days?

Query: Hi doctor,My left ear is hurting a lot for the past few days and it is extremely painful. I do not have a cough or cold. But I have allergic rhinitis and I do not have any allergic attack recently. The ear is full and I can hear a ringing sound. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A ringing sound or a wind-like sound in the ear that lasts for more than five minutes is called tinnitus. If it is less than five minutes, it is not significant. This particular sound you are describing is usually caused due to the dysfunction of the eustachian tube. It...  Read Full »

What should I do to prevent a buzzing sound in my ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting a buzzing sound in my ears for the past few days. I want a reading of the enclosed x-ray. Currently, I am on Exforge for mild hypertension.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Bilateral maxillary sinuses appear hazy with suspected fluid level or polyps, more likely to be polyps. Mild deviation of the septum with decreased airway in the left side of t...  Read Full »

Will a slight whistle sound in the ears go on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. For the last ten days, I hear a slight whistle noise in my ears, which becomes loud when I sit in my room, and there are no outside loud noises. I suffered from a common cold and fever 12-13 days back and felt heaviness and itching in the right ear after cold ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms seem to be due to eustachian tube dysfunction (aggravated after cold). You start taking an oral and nasal decongestant for a week. Start steroid nasal spray for two weeks. Do steam inhalation and Valsalva exercise. If your symptoms persist, please meet...  Read Full »

Are loud ringing noise, headache, and nose bleeding symptoms of brain hemorrhage?

Query: Hi, I am finding it difficult to explain my symptoms to GP and concerned that I may be experiencing more serious symptoms than I am able to explain. Over the past week on 3 occasions now I have experienced a very loud ringing noise in my head. Followed by a sharp head ache which last for a couple of...  Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, I am terribly sorry that you are experiencing these worries. First of all the good news would there have been blood that you taste, it would have been visible. But this was not the case. What is more, a brain hemorrhage is very less likely to make you “taste blood”. The symptoms would be dif...  Read Full »

Are the heaviness in head, ringing in ears, nausea, and chills due to rhinitis?

Query: Hello doctor, About two years ago, I had a series of recurring malaria fever. But the doctor suggested a urine MCS test. The result showed I had an infection (UTI). I was treated, but the UTI recurred, and treated again. I had a motor vehicle accident six years ago, which resulted in a head concus...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your words carefully. According to the CT scan, the sinus polyp is not huge enough to cause a strong throbbing headache. The polyp can be treated by intranasal corticosteroid spray or even surgery in case of medical treatment failure. The other sympto...  Read Full »

Why do I have vision-related tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have vision-related tinnitus. I have been nearsighted for a while. Approximately, three months ago, I went to see a speaker, sat in the back and ended up looking at him out-of-focus for an hour. The next day, my ears started ringing. Looking at my computer tends to make it louder. I hav...  Read Full »

Dr. David J Mathew

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you have tinnitus that gets exacerbated on looking at the computer screen. There is no established connection between looking at a bright object and worsening of tinnitus, though there may be isolated reports. Tinnitus is usually caused...  Read Full »

Why do I have painful lumps on my head?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a small cluster of lumps on the crown of my head. They are solid, immovable lumps that have developed over the last few weeks. In the last few days, I have noticed that I am having pain in my head where the lumps are. I do not have headaches per day; it feels as though my skull is s...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a small cluster of lumps on the head's crown, which are solid, immovable lumps that have developed over the last few weeks. They are painful too. It is difficult...  Read Full »

Why is there a ringing sound in my ears while sitting below the fan?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting a ringing sound in my ear from the last three to four weeks. When I consulted the ENT specialist, he advised that I feel the ringing sound due to congestion in the nose. He told me to take Jupicef or Provo Oz or Epicord-4, and Forpan- DSR tablets for five days. And also, Naa...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need not worry, as this is a very common treatable entity we come across. You have developed what we call Eustachian tube catarrh, which has developed secondary to nasal allergy/inflammation. The eustachian tube basically ventilates the nose and the ear. A negative ...  Read Full »

Do intratympanic steroids help severe tinnitus?

Query: Ive had severe tinnitus due to initial noise trauma for a month. Nobody in the ER will help me. Would an ENT assist with intratypanic steroids as I fear this is permanent? Im only 25 and have a career ahead of me as a pilot. acute. perscribed prednisone and lorazopram. when tapering prednisone nois...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq, As per your concern, Tinnitus is the perception of ringing sound. It is of 2 types 1) Subjective (only patients hear) 2)Objective (Patients and doctor hears) Tinnitus is not a disease but rather a symptom of some other underlying health condition. There are various causes...  Read Full »