Ringing In Ears

How to prevent an anxiety attack because of ringing sound in the ears?

Query: Hi doctor, I am asking on behalf of my son. My son is 15 years old with a weight of 164 kilograms and a height of five feet. His problems started yesterday after taking a shower. He hears a high-pitched ringing sound in the ears. Last night, he had three anxiety attacks due to it and he took Stresa...  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ringing sensation is common and prevalent. There are many suspected causes for having ringing sensations in the ears. The most common one is the wax impinging the eardrum. Your son started to have this sound after showering. Even water, soap, hair follicles within the e...  Read Full »

How to stop ringing sound due to a tear in the ear from inserting an earbud?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a thin hole in the membrane of the left ear. It happened due to putting an earbud in my ears. It has got torn now and I am getting a ringing sound in my ear. What to do to stop hearing this sound in my ear?   Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You would have injured the eardrum while cleaning. This is a very common thing to happen and do not be worried. The defect in the eardrum interferes with the optimum sound transmission from the middle and inner ear and so you start to have some symptoms such as cont...  Read Full »

How can I stop hearing voices when I fall asleep or wake up?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is hearing some voice for the last eight days. She can hear a mild voice while getting up in the morning, sleeping in the night, and a buzz that she can listen to. We have done audio and MRI brain for the same. The doctor I visited said no surgery is required. Please suggest a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhaya Kant Tewari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother is having ringing sound continuously in the ear, which in medical terms is called tinnitus. Tinnitus arises from inner ear dysfunction and is a common issue in the elderly as the hearing deteriorates. Most tinnitus is not permanent and will disappear in t...  Read Full »

How do you get multiple sclerosis?

Query: Hi doctor,I have the following symptoms, and please give me a suggestion. The symptoms are headache, tiredness, difficulty to concentrate, nervousness, forgetfulness, anxiety, sensitivity to glare, impaired light-dark adaptation, blurred vision, oversensitivity to light, dry eyes, ringing in the ear...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq .com. I can understand your concern. It looks like you have a whole lot of symptoms. It is almost seven years that you are experiencing the symptoms, which are increasing as the days or years passed. I have few questions before I suggest anything. Are the medicines you ar...  Read Full »

What can cause episodes of dizziness and electric shocks in the head?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37-year-old male. I am getting bouts of dizziness as an electric shock in my head. I have some nerve twitch in my temple. I have done some screening tests such as stress echo, blood test, and holter monitor. All the results came back normal. My doctor referred me to an ENT speci...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Dizzy boots are caused due to inner ear disorders including positional paroxysmal benign vertigo. Electric shock-like feeling in the head occurs due to trigeminal neuralgia. It is a condition where a nerve in the brain gets irritated and it ap...  Read Full »

Why do I hear a ringing noise in one ear better than the other?

Query: Hi doctor, I am scared that I am slowly losing my hearing. I have had tinnitus in my ears for about seven months now, and it sounds kind of like T.V. static, and it is not loud, so it is okay, but today my phone emitted a very high pitch sound, and I closed one ear and then opened it and closed the...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are different causes of tinnitus (ringing in ears) like infections, loss of cells, inflammation, advancing age, or few other diseases of the inner ear. At your age, hearing loss is less common unless having a disease. There are two possibilities: The ear...  Read Full »

What can cause a continuous ringing and sometimes pain in the ear?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a student, and I am 23 years old. Five days ago, I had a severe vertigo feeling (severe headache, moderate fever, nausea, vomiting, loss of balance). This symptom started every evening, and after sleeping, I was totally fresh in the morning. Here, due to the corona pandemic, I could n...  Read Full »

Dr. Pruthvi Raju Uppalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Is your ear discharging frequently? As per your complaints, it is suggestive of chronic supportive otitis media(CSOM). Are you sure your membrane is intact and normal? Have you seen an endoscopic picture? I understand you cannot go to a hos...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms due to vertigo or a brain tumor?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. Before three years, I had vertigo and I consulted a doctor. He gave me some medicines and I was fine after taking them. Now, I have some symptoms for twenty days. I feel like things around me are in motion. It gets worse when I try to sleep and when I lie down on the...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details of your symptoms. Please mention the feelings you have while having the symptoms of to and fro. Please mention whether you see these surrounding objects rotating around yourself or swinging or kept in a stable place. Please mention whet...  Read Full »

How is tinnitus treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I have tinnitus problem for the last one year.   Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your concern, tinnitus is a perception of a ringing sound. It is of two types such as subjective and objective. Subjective tinnitus is heard by the patients alone. But objective tinnitus is heard by both the patients and doctors. Tinnitus is not a disease but it ...  Read Full »

Do intratympanic steroids help severe tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 25 years old. I have severe tinnitus due to initial noise trauma for a month. Nobody in the emergency helped me. Can I have intratympanic steroids? I was prescribed Prednisone and Lorazepam. After tapering Prednisone, I hear the noise louder.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the concern, tinnitus is a perception of a ringing sound. It is of two types. They are subjective and objective. Subjective tinnitus is heard only in patients. The objective tinnitus is heard by both doctor and patient. Tinnitus is not a disease but a symptom of ...  Read Full »