iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyringworm infectionsI have been experiencing pain and ringworms near my private area. Please guide.

Can antifungal medicines and lotions help overcome fungal infections?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 27, 2024
Reviewed AtMay 27, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

It has been almost a year or more since I have been facing some ringworms and pain near my private part. I have tried using many creams but they do not work permanently on my skin and also I started to feel some pain in that area. Whenever I eat chicken or masturbate, it becomes worse. I am not able to resolve it by myself which is why I have to consult the doctor. Please suggest as I am staying in a hot country and it becomes more pathetic for me to handle.

Kindly help.

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Gupta


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your query and can understand your concern.

Thanks for briefing me regarding your concern. I would like to inform you that a fungal infection is very problematic if it becomes recurrent.

I suggest you keep the following precautions in mind:

1. Do not keep the private area wet and also use powder frequently to keep it dry.

2. Avoid itching and do not scratch it.

3. Change your undergarments daily.

4. Do not apply steroid cream (Betnovate).

5. Once the condition heals, do not stop taking the medication. To get rid of the fungus completely, please continue to use the medication for a long time.

6. Avoid excessive sweating and wet clothes.

7. Check your thyroid and blood glucose levels; even with proper treatment, problems sometimes come back if your thyroid and blood glucose levels are not under control.

I would like to suggest the following medicines:

1. Cream Ketoconazole and tablet Terbinafine 250 milligrams once a day for two months.

2. Tablet Levocetirizine 10 mg twice a day for two weeks till itching subsides.

3. Apply Abzorb powder (Clotrimazole) twice a day.

I hope I have answered all your questions.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
Dr. Gaurang Gupta


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy