Fungal Infection

Fungal infections are caused by fungi living on dead tissues of the body namely skin, hair and nails. There are different types of fungi causing infections, rashes and other specific symptoms at different sites in the body. They are treated by the use of anti-fungal medication.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Does ringworm infection penetrate deeper than the skin surface?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently adopted two kittens that were later found to have been exposed to ringworm. They are being treated by the shelter and will return to me once they have been cleared. My family owned ringworm cats growing up, and all caught the infection. Our veterinarian insisted the cats ne...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you had a history of ringworm infection due to your domestic kittens. You want to know the possibility of penetration of ringworm infection to deeper layers of the skin tissue. Ringworm is an infection of the ...  Read Full »

What can I do for scrotal bumps that occur after walking a lot?

Query: Hi doctor, I have these white bumps on my scrotum. They are pretty much like pimples with pus in them. They only show up on warm days and when I walk a lot throughout the day. I am using Calamine lotion at night and in a day they completely go away. They do not hurt, but it just feels like a rash. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It is a case of friction blister with superimposed fungal infection especially candidal. Sweating and friction lead to maceration, which is responsible for this disease. Instead of Calamine, I suggest Clotrimazole powder two to three times daily. It will not on...  Read Full »

How to get rid of the white patches on the skin of my testicles?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year old dark-skinned male. I noticed that the skin on my testicles had some white patches ten days back. They do not itch or burn. They are just there. I do not have any significant disease or illness. In the past few days, three or four more patches have come. Is this a sk...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I would like to know the answer to the following questions in detail. 1) Is there any history of genital scabies? 2) Did you scratch or rub excessively? 3) Did you maintain improper genital hygiene? 4) Do you have dry skin?  Read Full »

I have a rash on the back of my neck, which is neither itchy nor painful. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28-year-old paramedical professional. I accidentally pricked my finger with a needle when I was giving IV one year back. After my work, I went to urgent care and tested for HIV using a fourth-generation antibody test. After a couple of days, the result came back negative. But tw...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I had gone through the photographs (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). It is not an HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) rash as tests are non-reactive. It is an atopic rash with secondary bacterial infection in the neck and P.versicolor (pityriasis v...  Read Full »

I had itching and red bumps on the inner thigh region. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had itching and red bumps on the inner thigh region. I was sweating too often last week, and the area was sweaty most of the time. Now I have itching, irritation, and scratching tendency. The skin seems to be dry there. Two years back, I had a ringworm infection, and it was complet...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. It is a superficial fungal infection with atopic eczema (attachment removed to protect the patient’s identity). I would suggest the following: Apply Miconazole or Luliconazole cream twice daily for six weeks. Apply Mupirocin (Mupiroc...  Read Full »

What can cause one white hair in the eyebrows, and white spots on the neck and face?

Query: Hi doctor,I have some white spots on my neck and face. Even, I have some white hair on my eyebrows also. I have white hair in my head for a long time. I have PCOD. Before two months, I had a C-section delivery. After this, I started to have these spots. Kindly go through my attached pictures.   Read Full »

Dr. B T Priya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through the pictures and descriptions (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are suffering from a benign condition called pityriasis Versicolor. It is a superficial fungal infection that occurs commonly in the summer months. Drink lots of wate...  Read Full »

How can I manage an itchy rash on my neck and the middle part of my lower back?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a rash that first appeared on my neck a month ago. Now I have it in the middle part of my lower back. I also suffer from itching due to the rash.  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to From the attached images (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), it is a superficial fungal infection or Tinea corporis. I suggest you do the following (consult a specialist doctor, discuss with them, and take medications with their consent): Apply...  Read Full »

I am suffering from fungal infection near my bikini area. How can I prevent this?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from a skin infection which I think is a fungal infection near my bikini area. I think it is a jock itch, but I am not sure. How can I prevent this infection? Kindly help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. V. Srikanth Reddy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You may be suffering from a fungal infection that commonly affects inner thighs, groin and buttocks area. It can be treated by a course of anti-fungal treatment, which includes tablets along with creams. I suggest you follow the given measures. 1. Do not use soap ov...  Read Full »

I have irritation and bumps on my genital area, which is not resolving with antifungals. What could it be?

Query: Hi doctor, I have irritation and bumps on my genital area. I have tried antifungals, but still, I did not feel better. I am looking for help from someone to see what it could be. I do not have insurance, so that is why I am seeking help here.   Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Apply Clotrimazole cream (Candid cream) twice daily in the morning and night for three weeks. Wash area with Episoft cleanser or No soap cleanser daily for two months. Apply Fucidin cream (Fusidic acid) cream in the daytime for ten days. Maintain proper genital...  Read Full »

I have itching between my legs and uneasiness from last month. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing a skin problem between my legs. There has been a lot of itching due to sweating and uneasiness for the last month which I am facing. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. The itching is due to a fungal infection and needs proper care and treatment. It is a jock itch caused by Tinea cruris fungus. Apply Hydrocortisone or Clotrimazole cream. Tak...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.