Ringworm Infections

I have a red circle on my back. Is it a ringworm or pityriasis rosea?

Query: Hello doctor, Two weeks ago, I noticed a small red circle on my back. I figured it could be a rash due to me using a bar of new laundry soap. However, within a few days, I noticed the same red spot on the upper part of my stomach (below my chest). When I looked to the rash in my back, it had double...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, these are typical lesions of pityriasis rosea (attachment removed to protect identity). Annular plaques with scaly edges and free at the center. These are not ringworm infection because the center of lesions are filled, whereas, in ringworm, the center is bright...  Read Full »

I am so scared that I suffer from fungal infection for the past one year. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an i-phone application developer. I am suffering from fungal infection for the past one year. It is like ringworms. I am so scared. I am currently on Syntran 200 mg, Histafree 180 mg, Hicope and Onabet B cream. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned using Panderm and Terbinaforce plus cream. Both of them contain steroids and lead to worsening of fungal infection rather than cure. You should stop using them immediately. You have not mentioned the duration of use of Syntran capsule and Onabet B cr...  Read Full »

My husband has rashes all the time and we are not sure what it is. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My husband is not willing to go to the doctor because he says it is a heat rash. It is there all the time. Could you please give me an idea of what we are dealing with. It does seem to get brighter when he is hot, but he also is a drinker.   Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted the details about your husband and seen the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I think your husband is suffering from modified tinea or ring worm infection. This is a fungal condition which is commoner in the hot climates. It a...  Read Full »

What diseases can we potentially catch from our pets and how to prevent and treat them?

Query: Hello doctor,What diseases can we potentially catch from our pets and how to prevent and treat them?  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Toxoplasmosis is an infection from cats to human. We have to wash our hands, maintain cleanliness, and avoid contaminated food. 2. Ringworm can be contracted from spores that survive without a host. Personal hygiene and cleaning of clothes and utensils with hot w...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for ringworm on the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have ringworm on my leg and the upper side of my penis from one month. I have taken antibiotics like Terfaze. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send image and revert back. Without clinical photographs, medications cannot be advised. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist   Read Full »

What Can Be Done For Ringworms And Jock Itches With Dandruff On Scalp?

Query: Hello doctor, I have ringworms and jock itches and dandruff on sclap and even I am not able to sleep properly at night due to jock itches. Please suggest me the best homeopathic medicine which can provide me relief.  Read Full »

Dr. Sheetal Kamble

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ringworm and jock itch problems mainly occur due to excessive sweat. In such a case, it is necessary to keep the parts dry and maintain proper hygiene. You may take Sulfur 30 C four pills once a day for three days in the evening. Avoid eating or drinking anything 30 min...  Read Full »

Which Ayurveda medicine can be used for ringworm infection in the groin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chronic fungal ringworm infection in the groin region. Please suggest some Ayurveda medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ringworm is a skin disease fungal infection. Mostly occurs in wetty areas. Its common symptoms are red skin rash that forms a ring-like structure. That is the area with itching and dryness.  Read Full »

Why do I have redness and itching all over the body?

Query: Hi doctor, I have redness around my breast and it feels itchy. The itching is heavy when I wear a bra. It is under tolerable level if I apply Candid B lotion. Also, I have the same itching in my abdomen, bums and under thighs. There is redness over these areas as well. These areas are extremely itc...  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the attached photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). According to your history and the attached photograph you are suffering from ringworm infection. It is a fungal infection which has a tendency to spread. You are probably having ...  Read Full »

How can I cure ringworm infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I have ringworms on my face, nose, eyebrows, scalp, jock itch, white spots around the anus that hurt and itch. I get blood when I go to the bathroom, nails rip off easily, always feeling sleepy, swollen lymph nodes and itching all over the body. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For how long do you have this problem? This is not ringworm or fungal infection. There are multiple atrophic plaques over the face and arms from your picture. Have you applied anything over them? It looks like it is lupus erythematosus but confirming the diagnosis would...  Read Full »

How can I treat ringworm infection on buttocks and vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I have about 4 inches of patches of ringworms on both of my buttocks and a 3-inch patch on my vaginal area. I am using Covate GM cream for the treatment but it is not showing any results. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have ringworm infection, kindly use oral and topical antifungal agents. If it is very red, mild steroid combined with an antifungal agent is to be used. You will get better after treatment.  Read Full »