Q. Is it difficult to remove roots of teeth which is broken at the gum line?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Is it difficult for a dentist to remove the roots of the teeth that are broken off at the gum line? And will it be painful when they do it? I think the ones are teeth 12, 13, 16, 26, and 27. If there are any chances for the bones to get broken while they do it? How will they get them out? I am very scared, and how many injections will be given? I think they are breaking it into three appointments. what complications could occur as well?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentistry
#

Do not be scared at all. This should be dentist's headache, not yours. All you need to know is that you should take a proper meal at least half an hour before you go for your appointment because after the extraction you will be on a soft diet for a day and should avoid eating till one and a half hour at least. Mild swelling or slight pain is expected post extraction of posteriors, otherwise, it will be a smooth recovery for the rest of broken roots. Take icecreams (if you are not diabetic) and soft diet for a day.

After 24 hours of extraction start saline water mouth rinses (use lukewarm water) four times a day for a week compulsorily. It will help in quick healing of the sockets. Now, let me tell you about the procedure, it will not be complicated if the roots are not infected. Local anesthesia will be given then the whole procedure will be absolutely pain-free. You will not feel anything so be happy about it. Be relaxed, if you will be relaxed your dentist will enjoy doing work at ease and comfort level.

| 

This is a sponsored video. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content/ad in the video.

I have pain and bleeding after molar tooth extraction. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Is it normal for a dentist to not prescribe anything for pain after having a broken molar extracted, and three roots pulled out? My tooth was extracted yesterday, still bleeding heavily. I had fever through the day.  Read Full »

I have a plum-sized swelling on my face. How do I make it go down?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an abscess on the right side of my face that has swollen up as big as a plum. The reason for the abscess, I guess, is because I have two missing teeth on the side of my mouth. But since there are no teeth there, I want to know what can be done about this abscess? How do I get r...  Read Full »

My root canal treatment material has fallen out after three years of treatment. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 25-year-old woman. Three years ago, I had a root canal, and it fell out today now. It is a hole, and the tooth around the gums do I need to get it looked at also is there anything I can do at home to make sure nothing gets infected inside of the hole.  Read Full »