Q. What are the steps to be taken after being diagnosed with COVID-19?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 08, 2022 and last reviewed on: Sep 12, 2022

I have been diagnosed with COVID-19 after going for an RT-PCR test. What should I do next? Should I go for a chest CT?

Kindly advise.

#

I understand your concern and will surely help you out.

I have gone through the report and image that you have attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). The oxygen saturation and pulse rate are normal. Do you have any symptoms like fever or breathing difficulty? Is there a previous history of COVID-19 infection? Have you got vaccinated for COVID-19?

Kindly revert with the answers to the above questions for better guidance.

Thank you for the response.

I had a fever of 102 degrees Fahrenheit five days back. I had taken a tablet of Paracetamol 650 mg that night. There is no fever after that. Also, I do not have a previous history of COVID-19 infection. Regarding vaccination, I have taken two doses and a booster dose.

#

Your symptoms are suggestive of a mild infection. As your vaccination is complete, the chances of severe COVID-19 infection are very less. However, your viral load is high. May I know which medications are you taking at present? Also, did you go for any basic blood tests like CBC (complete blood count), CRP (C-reactive protein), and D-dimer test?

I have not taken any medication after taking the tablet Paracetamol. I am only using homeopathic medication for cough and cold. I am currently taking tablet Thyroxine 50 mg. As my TSH levels were 7 mIU/L, the dosage has been increased from 35 mg to 50 mg a month ago. No other tests have been done. Kindly let me know if I should go for any further tests.

#

I suggest the below treatment plan for three days:

• Tablet Azithromycin 500 mg twice daily.
  • Tablet Montek LC (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) once daily.
  • Tablet Myzinc (Zinc) once daily.
  • Syrup Corex Dx (Chlorpheniramine and Dextromethorphan) 10 ml twice daily.
  • Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg twice daily before food.
  • Do warm water gargles and steam inhalation four to five times a day.
  • Drink plenty of fluids orally and keep yourself hydrated.

Consult a specialist doctor, talk to him or her, and start the treatment with their consent.

Also, do get CBC (complete blood count), CRP (C-reactive protein), and D dimer tests done.

I have attached my blood test reports. Kindly review.

#

I have gone through the reports you have attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). The reports are normal and there is nothing to worry.

|