Salivary Duct Calcification

Which doctor specializes in cheek and throat problems?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last one and a half month, I have been having a swelling inside the cheek and some stiffness in the right throat. Rarely, I have gotten white and red patches. Now, I have one line in my lips and some small red dots, which come on and off. When I consulted a general surgeon, he sai...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to see a general physician to get treatment for this. This is most certainly an infection like mumps or rubella from your symptoms that you have described. It is a classic case with typical symptoms. It is a viral illness and you need antiviral therapy and not an...  Read Full »

Why do I feel soreness at the root of my tongue after every meal?

Query: Hello! I'm 28 years old and currently have a medical issue. Every time after a meal I feel this sort of soreness in the root of my tongue. It feels like the root is pushing the tongue up. The same happens when I drink coffee and coca-cola. I was wondering if I could get some help diagnosing the issu...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Mathur

Dentist

Answer: There is soreness in mouth after meals it can be due to salivary gland disorder.Sialedentis (infection of sublingual glands) or sialolithiasis (stone in glands). > Take plenty of fluids >Suck on lemon if it's stone it will go > For infection take antibiotics Tab O2 twice daily for 5 days after meal...  Read Full »

Can a sinus infection cause swollen salivary glands?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the ER for a painful gland. It turned out that I have a blocked salivary gland. When the CT scan was taken, there were notes in the report about silent sinus syndrome and other things that were never even brought up to me. I have uploaded the report. Is there anything in t...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a calcification in the left submandibular gland, which needs to be removed, as it is troubling you. Silent sinus syndrome is due to maxillary sinusitis, which involves the orb...  Read Full »

What is the tag like structure near frenum under the tongue?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a small tag like structure near frenulum on one out of two ducts which goes on both sides under the tongue. Kindly have a close look and advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Tinu Thampy

Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Dentist, Oral Implantologist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the lesion looks like either the after effect of an injury to the duct or salivary gland stone or a papilloma. Nothing to worry. This can be removed by surgical excision of the lesion. After that send the...  Read Full »

Inside my mouth, I have a white dot on cheek area. What could this be?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 22 years old. On the right side of my mouth on the cheek, I have a white dot that looks like a pimple on my Stenson's duct. I have had it for at least a month now. It does not cause any pain. Yet, I wake up with a dry mouth every morning. I checked my left side and it looks fine. M...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to mention that the data you provided is insufficient. You have not exactly mentioned the location of the white dot and you have not palpated that. My diagnosis would have been more accurate if you would have attached some pictures. Even then, I will g...  Read Full »