Q. Inside my mouth, I have a white dot on cheek area. What could this be?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I am 22 years old. On the right side of my mouth on the cheek, I have a white dot that looks like a pimple on my Stenson's duct. I have had it for at least a month now. It does not cause any pain. Yet, I wake up with a dry mouth every morning. I checked my left side and it looks fine. My wisdom teeth are coming in. What could this be?

#

• I would like to mention that the data you provided is insufficient. You have not exactly mentioned the location of the white dot and you have not palpated that. My diagnosis would have been more accurate if you would have attached some pictures. Even then, I will give you my probable diagnosis.
  • The probable diagnosis may be sialolithiasis, that is, salivary gland stone. I am diagnosing this because of two reasons: you mentioned that the dot is on the cheek (it is the location of the Stensen duct along the second maxillary molar) and also because you wake up with xerostomia (dry mouth) as the stone is blocking your salivary content.
  • I suggest you palpate the dot and if it is hard enough, it is a stone. Then, the treatment for this is simply milking the Stensen's duct and it will come out. If it seems difficult for you to do, visit a dentist.

For further queries consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

Are altered taste and less saliva production related to Bell's palsy?

Query: Hi doctor, I have followed your advice regarding back pain. My pain is minimal, and I am still continuing with the exercise. Now, I have another problem. My appetite has become very poor, and I cannot eat most of the things I used to eat before. This became an issue even before the Bell's palsy prob...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»