Q. I have reddish brown dots on my ankles. What can they be?

I am a 26 year old male, very active. I have these reddish brown dots on my ankles. I have had for at least four years now. They are only reddish when they are fresh and then they fade to like a dark brown like color. I also noticed that my ankles were becoming a bit swollen too. I started to take a liver detox pill and that has seemed to stop the swelling of my ankles but the dots on my ankles are still there.

#

This appears to be a pigmented purpuric dermatoses. This is not a life-threatening or problematic condition. Only concern is of cosmetic appearance. We usually do not give any treatment for this.

Are you receiving any medicines, or have any allergies, because it can occur due to this as well.

In investigations, you should get venous Doppler done to look for venous insufficiency as you are having some edema as well. So we can give stockings if there is any evidence of venous stasis.

I suggest applying Betamethasone ointment two times a day for four weeks, which helps in the majority of patients. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

Get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|