Q. My son has rashes all over his body since five months. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. G.s.s. Sandeep
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2021

Hi doctor,

My son is 2 years and 9 months old. Five months back, he got rashes all over his hands, face and legs, from buttocks to toe. We have consulted many doctors. One of them said it would last three months and prescribed some medicines, but it did not subside. I was then told he is hypersensitive and was given medications for the same. Even though it did not help, we are just continuing those medicines.



Welcome to

From your description, your kid might be having acute urticaria symptoms, papular urticaria or purpura.

Please send me a few pictures, taken when the rash is active. This will help me in diagnosis.

For more information consult a dermatologist online -->

Thank you doctor,

I have attached a picture as well as his latest blood reports. Will this cause health problems? Please suggest a medicine.



Welcome back to

I have seen the pictures and gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Your kid is suffering from prurigo nodularis, the reason for which is dry and sensitive skin. Mosquito bites will flare the reaction.

I suggest the following:

  1. Start using Cetaphil Dam moisturizer twice daily.
  2. For a few days, avoid soap and bathe only with water.
  3. Keep him fully covered after 6 PM to avoid getting bitten by mosquitoes.
  4. Apply Clonate (Clobetasol topical) ointment on the affected skin after applying the moisturizer. Use this medicated steroid until rash settles down and then discard it.
  5. To control itching start Teczine (Levocetirizine) syrup and Calamine lotion as and when required.

For more information consult a dermatologist online -->

Hello doctor,

Thanks for replying.



Welcome back to

You are welcome.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I am bitten by something and the area looks red. How can I be treated?

.. may be Paederus dermatitis. You can try Linical lotion (calamine) along with hydrocortisone cream. Apply them twice daily on the affected area. Regards. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> .. ...   Read full

What is dermographism?Is that similar to hives?

.. read about your query. Your condition can be acute urticaria/ hives. It usually presents with itching. Dermographism (dermatographism) is an exaggerated urticarial response which is also called skin writing. It is usually seen in young adults wit...   Read full

I have itchy skin rashes with abdominal cramps and nausea. Will IUD allergy cause such symptoms?

.. gone through your query and reviewed the attached photograph. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be an eczematous rash. Also, the rest of the symptoms could be a side effect of the IUD (intrauterine device). You can co...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Monkeypox Virus - Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Complications, and Prevention
Monkeypox is a zoonotic viral disease. This virus got its name as it was first noticed in laboratory monkeys in the late...  Read more»
Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.