Schirmer's Test

What causes meibomian gland dropout?

Query: Hello doctor, I am writing this as I am worried about meibomian gland dropout. I took a test before five months and I had a few glands dropped out. I had a flow procedure as I understand this is similar to PRK to correct my vision and after that I got dry eyes and MGD. However, I took a test today a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not worry. It is not the number, but also the working condition of meibomian glands that really matters. Meibomian glands secrete oils, which prevents tear film from evaporation. Tear film break-up time (TFBUT) and Schirmer's test values are normal in both ...  Read Full »

Please suggest how I can get relief from dry eye.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem in my eyes. My right eye is dry and left is normal. I use Systane Ultra eye drop from the last one year and Omega 3 capsule from last three months. No result was found. No improvement was found. Please suggest me how I can get relief in my right eye? I want to overcom...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, dry eye is a chronic condition and does not go away. First of all, you should use the eye drop in both eyes and not only on the one you feel the dryness in, second of all, the minimal quantity of drops that might help you during the day is four times b...  Read Full »

I feel burning sensation due to dry eyes. Please suggest a solution.

Query: Hi doctor, I have an issue of eye burning, and it occurs due to dryness in eyes. Please suggest a permanent solution for dryness.  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The dry eye needs evaluation for identifying the cause of dryness. It can occur due to lifestyle changes related to excessive use of digital devices. It may also happen due to a drop in tear production which can be measured by Schirmer's test. It can also occur due to e...  Read Full »

How can we treat dry eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have a problem with vehicle sounds. When I hear a loud noise, I feel very stressed. I sit on computers for long hours. I also have dry eyes problem. I went to an ophthalmologist. He gave me eye drops. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might be suffering from computer vision syndrome. In this case, there is a deficiency in tear film due to less frequent blinking and stress of working on a screen. Another possibility is dryness or insufficient tear film production. It is diagnosed with a Schirmer's...  Read Full »

I have dryness of eyes and mouth after taking antibiotics. Is it Sjogren's syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor,After a course of antibiotics, I have developed severe dry eyes, dry mouth, and photosensitivity. No tears are coming from my eyes. I think I have developed Sjogren's syndrome. Is there any treatment for Sjogren's? I am wating for the test. The antibiotics are long gone, but all the thi...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. You have not mentioned which antibiotics you have taken. I do not think that you have Sjogren's. Firstly, one has to fulfill certain criteria for Sjogren's.  Symptoms of dry eyes for more than three months. Symptoms of dry mouth for three...  Read Full »