Q. What is the solution for burning sensation of eyes caused by dryness?

Dr. Manish Mahabir

I have an issue of eye burning, and it occurs due to dryness in eyes. Please suggest a permanent solution for dryness.

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

The dry eye needs evaluation for identifying the cause of dryness. It can occur due to lifestyle changes related to excessive use of digital devices. It may also happen due to a drop in tear production which can be measured by Schirmer's test. It can also occur due to excessive evaporation of tears due to deficiency of the lipid layer, and it may be evaluated on slit lamp examination of the opening of your meibomian glands. I would recommend you see an ophthalmologist. If the cause is treated, the dryness reduces soon.

| 

How can I cure ocular rosacea, blepharitis, and MGD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22-year-old girl. I have had eye problems for around nine months and have seen several eye doctors and ophthalmologists who all have told me different things and tried a lot of different treatments that have not worked. I am a contact lens wearer with extremely bad eyesight and fi...  Read Full »

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?

Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full »

I have dry eyes and feel heaviness and pain. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 42 years old female going through dry eyes for the past 45 days. I have been to three different doctors but no relief. I feel heaviness in the eyes along with pain and redness. I have been given a gel and a tube (Systane eye drop and Ara gel). Please help.  Read Full »