Sensitive To Thoughts

Do vitamin B12 shots cause derealization symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from the derealization symptoms for the past 5 years. I believe they were caused by B12 shots I was taking to treat autism. After my brain scan I got to know that my inhibition was too high. I do not find any safety net to keep my mind from deconstructing things. A...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I am sorry to know that you are suffering with multiple problems related to thinking and inhibition. Before saying anything I must assure you that vitamin B12 is not known to cause any of the mentioned symptoms and we ...  Read Full »

Why do a lot of thoughts prevent me from falling asleep?

Query: Hi doctor, I cannot sleep early at night and cannot wake up early in the morning. I normally sleep at around 2 AM and wake up at 10 AM in the morning. I am also very tensed when I try to sleep, lots of thoughts come to my mind regarding my life, my past, and my future. I think unnecessary things. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you are concerned about your sleep timing and have difficulty in initiating sleep due to excessive thoughts. Sleep problem may be due to stress or tension. Since childhood, you have been sleeping late at night, so it might have become your...  Read Full »

How can I control the habit of overthinking?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a habit of overthinking simple things, and I make them complicated. I always waste my time and energy on deducing the multiple outcomes of a simple thing, which others may not even think about it. I make things complicated, and I repeatedly contradict my own words. I feel guilty. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes we do not have control over our thoughts. The train of our thoughts goes running continuously, and sometimes it reaches a destination which is so different than the actual goal. You are the driver, but your mind guides you to go. But sometimes guide starts to ...  Read Full »

How to overcome the disgust after having an injured bird fly into my kitchen?

Query: Hello doctor, Today in the morning a wounded pigeon entered my kitchen suddenly. It was attacked by other pigeons. It sat down on my mixer. I took a stick to remove it. But, failed to remove it. I am a vegetarian. I cannot tolerate such a thing in my kitchen. Nobody helped me. At last, my maid came ...  Read Full »

Dr. Youness Tanani

Nutritionist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be a bit too sensitive, but I understand the situation. As you are a vegetarian, I think you focused on the fact and you are still remembering the meat in general. A similar feeling happens to people who do not eat pork. Once they think about it, they feel ...  Read Full »

I am getting angry by remembering old incidents. Should I see a psychiatrist?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old male. I do not think I am depressed as such. I am doing everything fine and having a happy family life. But, something is troubling me since a year or so. I get anger, mostly by remembering old incidents, sometimes incidents from my childhood. Mostly involving my fathe...  Read Full »

Dr. Lisa Barros Mascarenhas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. The thoughts seem quite repetitive and not in your control from what you are saying. Something that happened could have triggered it. Also, you seem quite disturbed about it, and it is affecting your driving. In my opinion, it is the best to c...  Read Full »

Why do I feel some heaviness in head after a brawl on the phone?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a brawl on the phone with a few persons. They are believed to be not so social kind of people. Ever since that day, I feel a kind of heaviness in my head. What is it?  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are specifically pointing out one incident after which the symptom started, it is quite likely that the two are related. It is very well known that such symptoms can arise after the occurrence of a disturbing event. Assuming that you did not have any head trauma...  Read Full »