Common "Seronegative Arthritis" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Seronegative Arthritis

"Seronegative rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease in which a person has rheumatoid arthritis without having anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) antibodies or rheumatoid factor in their blood. People with seronegative rheumatoid arthritis may develop antibodies later in life. The symptoms of seronegative rheumatoid arthritis include tenderness, swelling, and redness in the joints, stiffness, especially in the hands, knees, ankles, hips, and elbows, stiffness in the morning that lasts for longer than 30 minutes, and persistent inflammation. Nonsteroidal and anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and steroids help relieve these symptoms.


Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What is the recovery period for rheumatism?

Query: Hi doctor,My wife is having swelling over the collarbone and back. Our doctor diagnosed rheumatism after a blood test. Now, she has pain in her ribs when she carries our 2-year-old son or any weight. Our doctor had prescribed Bon-DK, Bon-K2, etc. How long will it take to recover? Is this a serious p...  Read Full »

Dr. Sharoff Lokesh Mohan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Yes, the treatment given is right. The prescribed medicines and the dosages are all fine. She needs to take some anti-inflammatory medicines to reduce the inflammation and swelling of the soft tissues. Her ESR being high (attachment removed to protect patient identi...  Read Full »

Is it fine to get Kenacort injection for unbearable joint pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have seronegative inflammatory arthritis with ANA positive. I suffer from joint pain, especially at the right knee shoulder joints MTP IP joints. It is unbearable at night for the last three months and is relieved with NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). The patient cann...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your reports and history (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There seems to be some inflammation going on in the blood reports and with a diagnosis of previous arthritis, it looks like it is coming back again. Does the rheumatologist...  Read Full »

I have been suffering from seronegative spondyloarthropathy for the past year. Is it curable?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had seronegative spondyloarthropathy for the past year. I have been taking medicines like Saaz since last month. I am having pain in my spine and pelvic girdle to the femur. I am also having morning stiffness. I have doubts that these medicines will lead to side effects. Is this...  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to In seronegative spondyloarthropathy, non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can be prescribed. This drug will help in relieving pain and inflammation. Stiffness and pain are common symptoms of spondyloarthropathy. Kindly mention the content of this drug. I thi...  Read Full »

I am having body pain, stiffness, tiredness, and weakness for the past three months. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor,I am having pain in my back leg muscle, shoulder, upper back, wrists, lower back, jaw, and left foot. It started from the legs and gradually radiated to other parts. I am having this condition for more than three months now, and it has never stopped since it started. I consulted a doctor, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohamad Ali Rida

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I saw your blood reports (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). There is a slight increase in ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) that is non-specific. However, your symptoms suggest an underlying neuromuscular disorder. There is an entity cal...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.