Q. Why do I have lower body pain with stiffness, tiredness, and weakness for more than three months?

Dr. Mohamad Ali Rida

I am having pain in my back leg muscle, shoulder, upper back, wrists, lower back, jaw, and left foot. It started from the legs and gradually radiated to other parts. I am having this condition for more than three months now, and it has never stopped since it started. I consulted a doctor, and after taking a blood test, he referred me to a rheumatologist. It has been a month already, but I could not get an appointment.

In the morning, my body is very stiff, and I can move only after taking painkillers. If I do not take it, I can barely move. I also have constant weakness and tiredness.

Kindly help.

#

I saw your blood reports (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). There is a slight increase in ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) that is non-specific. However, your symptoms suggest an underlying neuromuscular disorder. There is an entity called seronegative arthritis.

I suggest you take a test for the ANA profile (antineutrophil antibody) to see if you have other specific autoantibodies. Meanwhile, you can take tablet Naproxen 250 mg two tablets twice daily for two weeks to decrease the inflammation.

Take care.

|