Sleep

When I sleep in the afternoon, I feel sick and sweaty. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old, male. I have one weird problem when I take snap at afternoon, I am feeling sick and sweaty and when I do not, I am feeling normal, what problem is this?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In afternoon especially after lunch, one tends to feel sleepy as maximum blood is diverted to the GIT hence one may feel drowsy and lethargic and weaker. But if you tide away this episode then endorphins take over and you may feel energetic and normal.  Read Full »

Why am I have extreme mood swings?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old female in college, and I have been struggling with my mood lately. During the day I am super loud, and happy, but when I am alone or bored my mind wanders and I find myself get deeply sad. I also sometimes get irritable and snap at people. I do not know why I get sa...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and I must say that it seems you are going through a tough time. For most of the cases who are going through what you are going through, exercising helps. I would suggest you start engaging in some physical activity for your blood flow to ...  Read Full »

How to change the circadian rhythm of sleeping?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know how to reset my circadian rhythm from being advanced to a more normal schedule. I have been going to bed around 9 pm and waking up at 5 am. I would like to shift my rhythms to waking up at 7 am and going to bed around 11 pm. I get very sleepy at around 8:30 to 9 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is nice to see that you are so aware of your sleep rhythms. Advanced sleep phase syndrome (ASPS) is common in the elderly and not so common in your age. However, your symptoms match ASPS and I will suggest some techniques to delay your circadian rhythm. Ensure th...  Read Full »

Will offering a scalp massage help kids to sleep naturally?

Query: Hello doctor, How to help the kids to get sleep and fall back to sleep naturally? Will serving a special nighttime tea or offering a scalp massage with some essential oil help? Is there any special night ritual to do the trick? Please share the strategies that you have used and how they work.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nothing special, just program some interesting and interactive activities that will involve children joyful. They include reading books, reciting some rhyming poems, discussing the things happened during the day. In addition, try to prepare your bed with children, ge...  Read Full »

I have a rough life, and I feel always sleepy. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a rough life, and I am drained. Always sleeping and not eating, I still have sore heads and have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I have Crohn's disease and a colostomy bag, but I always have this emptiness feeling inside and sad and lonely all the time.I do not know w...  Read Full »

Dr. Punya Mulky

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you are going through a difficult time. According to the problems you have described above, it seems like you are suffering from depression. Feeling low and lonely, not feeling fresh after adequate rest, poor appetite, negative thoughts, and the emptines...  Read Full »

How is technology changing the way we sleep?

Query: Hello doctor, How is technology changing the way we sleep? How are people sleeping better and/or more aware of their sleep patterns, thanks to technological advancements and trends?  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Shekhar

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sleep is a very complicated process and it is a way of healing and relaxing the body. Four steps are there for the sleep process to complete. Every person has their own patterns but largely we can say good sleeping habits change life patterns. A normal individual sh...  Read Full »