Sleep Deprivation

What could cause my heart flutter while lying?

Query: Hello doctor, My heart flutters while sleeping at night. It wakes me up, then it stops after a couple of seconds. It seems to happen only when I am lying on my side. Is this something to worry about?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from heart flutter or palpitations at night. It occurs when you get the feeling of a strong pulse in the chest after you lay down to sleep. It is usually normal and not a sign of any ...  Read Full »

Is it normal for headaches to increase BP?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. My height is 5'8" and weight is 75 kg. For two weeks, I have been having a lot of gas and burping without any other discomfort. Due to my tough work schedule in the last week I slept only 3 to 4 hours every day. Now from the last four days, I am feeling pressure a...  Read Full »

Dr. Talal Hussain

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have understood your problem and must say that it is quite a common complaint to my clinic. Here you must understand is that the hormones in our bodies have a lot of important functions including like sleep, mental well being, ability to fight infection, digestion, etc....  Read Full »

I am not sleeping at night due to fear of getting blind. Please suggest solution.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a very paranoid person. The smallest thing that happens to me ends up searching it up on the internet and stressing over it. One of my main problems is freaking out about going to sleep and waking up worse. For example, yesterday I got an eyelash in my eye and it was so close to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bibek Subedi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Try sleep hygiene. Avoid excessive caffeine intake, do not sleep at day time. Maintain a regular schedule for sleeping and waking time. Do not use mobile phone or watch TV when you are in bed. Go to bed when you fall asleep. If you do not feel sleepy in the bed wake up ...  Read Full »

Can migraine headache present suddenly with dizziness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a headache/migraine for almost five days now and I am feeling dizzy from time to time. I am taking Paracetamol and Mefenamic acid for toothache. I am a 22-year-old, female. My height is 5'5" and weigh around 80 kg.  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have mentioned migraine, does it come in episodes? How severe is it? Is it limited to a specific region? Is it associated with nausea? Is there any intolerance of light? Is there any neck pain? Do you have a fever? Is there any blurring of vision? How is yo...  Read Full »

How to fix my son's sleep deprivation at night?

Query: Hello doctor, This is for my 19-year-old son who has been struggling with not being able to regulate his sleep schedule for several years. He is up all night and sleeps all day. He consulted a sleep specialist once. He suggested sleep modifications but they did not work. This has really not allo...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sleep disorders to the extent like your son which is continuing for so long and it is not getting better need a evaluation in my opinion. 1) Thyroid function test. 2) Serum vitamin B12 are the basic blood tests need to be taken. Sleep modifications is must and do ...  Read Full »

How to overcome major depressive illness, sleep deprivation, and anxiety attacks?

Query: I am suffering from major depressive illness,sleep deprivation,anxiety attacks,heavy breathing ,fatigue and exhaustion.i am a doctor myself, and currently taking Petril 0.5mg. I need help.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq - How long have you been experiencing features of depression , anxiety and related symptoms? - Is there any ongoing stressor in your life that is exacerbating your symptoms ? Being a doctor can itself be an exhausting and demanding job. - I note that you are taking Petri...  Read Full »

My right eye is bigger than my left. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old girl, who weighs 59 kg and I am 165 cm tall. In some of my pictures, my eyes do not look the same. The right eye is quite bigger than the left one, but my eye lens looks the same size. Are there any ways to solve this problem? Is there any side effects of this? My eye...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is completely normal, as long as it does not interfere with your vision. Eyes have different parts like lens, sclera, iris, pupil, etc. As you have been talking about lens size that is a different thing, lens size has nothing to do with the overall eye size. You can...  Read Full »

What is tablet Zapiz used for?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 39 years old married man, my problem is I do not get proper sleep in the night and due to this, my whole day is not good. While sleeping I get dreams as if I am awake the entire night, and when I get up in the morning, I feel that I have not slept the entire night. I have body ac...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For a sound sleep, you need to make a strict sleep schedule, which includes fixed time to get into bed and fixed time for waking up in the morning. Besides this include the following: Add regular workout in your routine. Healthy eating and drinking habits are also nec...  Read Full »

How much sleep do teenagers really need?

Query: Hello doctor,How many hours of sleep do I need as a 17-year-old? Are six hours of sleep enough? What happens if I sleep eight hours per day? Does my brain become more active or dull?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel that one should not sleep less than seven hours daily. This is the minimum to maintain a healthy mind and body. And also, you will not feel sleepy in the day. The brain becomes more alert if you sleep about eight hours a day, but it also depends upon the work...  Read Full »

Can Quetiapine tablet be crushed?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on 200 mg Quetiapine IR for some time. Finding it after years of medication tweaking to truly keep my bipolar II symptoms in check, with no significant side effects. I ran out while traveling abroad. Though I have no means of obtaining a new prescription, I do have plenty ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me enlighten you with the concept of IR and XR medication. IR medications mean immediate release; once you take the drug, its effects come in minutes and lasts few hours only. Most of the drugs are in IR form until we need them for some specific purpose. IR medi...  Read Full »