Q. I have hard lump under the penis shaft. Is it smegma?

Dr. Vivekanandan G
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 04, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I am a 31 year old male. My height is 6 feet and weight is 84 kg. My medical history includes psoriasis, hyperuricemia and essential primary hypertension. I am taking Cilacar 10 mg (Cilnidipine) one tablet daily after dinner at 9 PM for hypertension. For psoriasis I am applying Propygenta NF cream - combination of Clobetasol propionate and Neomycin sulfate cream. For scalp topical 3% lotion - Clobetasol propionate 0.05% and Salicylic acid 3% lotion. My uric acid is under control by drinking 3.5 to 4 liters of water regularly. My current blood pressure is 120/80 mmHg. For the last 14 months, there are flat hard lumps at the base of the penis just under the shaft. For this reason, I had visited a local urologist last year, but he suggested me to clean my penis under the shaft. This is to inform you that I have not cleaned my penis till the age 30. I am an uncircumcised male. As advised by the doctor I have cleaned my penis under the shaft with water. I do not masturbate regularly. But, since eight months the intensity of masturbation increased to four times a week till date. But for the last two weeks, I am feeling mild pain at the side of the lump. The size of the hard flat lump is more or less the same. Even if I press, there is no pain on the lump. My urinary flow is very good. No blood, discharge or foul smell under the shaft. The penile shaft is smooth. There is no burning sensation during urination and ejaculation. I am very much concerned. How to get rid of this occasional mild pain? What is this lump all about? Is this years of smegma deposition? Please help me out.

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrology Urology
#

I think the lumps that you able to feel are nothing but smegmoliths. These are nothing but concretions of smegma, if not cleaned for a long time.

Are you able to retract your foreskin completely? If you cannot, then you may be having phimosis, which can be managed by circumcision.

This will also prevent further accumulation of smegma.

For further information consult a urologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|