Snoring

How to help a kid who breathes through his nose and snores due to nasal polyps?

Query: My 3.4year old kid has nasal polyps which is 3/4th coveres into his left nostril and 1/4th covered in right nostril, he always breaths through his mouth, whenever he does some activity he feels little dypsnea, but never stops being naughty, he snores while sleeping which is more concern to me. Till ...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, welcome to iCliniq Nasal blockade due to any cause be it adenoids or polyps do cause snoring.It is because any obstruction in the the nasal cavity nasopharynx does alter the normal resonating properties of the nasopharyngeal chamber causing snoring. The masses you are seeing are not polyps...  Read Full »

When is sinus surgery indicated?

Query: Hi doctor, I snore and wake up tired daily. Sometimes, my nose is runny all day. I have attached my CT report for your reference. I just wanted to know if surgery necessary. Will it benefit me? Please explain.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are happy to help you. Your CT scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity) concludes that you have retention cyst inside both maxillary sinuses and the right frontal sinus. Retention cysts form when fluid collections in the sinuses get covered with a mucu...  Read Full »

I get violent diaphragm convulsion during sleep. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Last night during sleep, I was awoken by a violent diaphragm convulsion. I felt a sensation of being drawn down into a cold dark blackness. It was very much disturbing and I felt like I was going to die. I had benign arrhythmias with follow up Holter monitor and stress test revealed no si...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you have been investigated for arrhythmia - paroxysmal (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but my main concern here would be obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). There is a scoring system that we use to stratify your risk for OSA. Please provi...  Read Full »

Is snoring a problem, while the tonsils are swollen?

Query: Hello doctor, The right area of my tonsils are swollen. In the swollen area, there is a hole with like rice thing. I do not know what it is? I had a nose problem when I sleep, where only one nose hole functioning well. I also always snore at night. The swollen area has been decreased a bit on my r...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your message, I could understand that you have either tonsillitis or adenoids. Usually, this problem gets solved as the child grows. I mean, your problem is persisting from your school days till now. This is due to the chronic settlement of few bacterias in...  Read Full »

How can snoring be managed?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from snoring since last five years. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Snoring can be a serious concern to the sufferer as well as the spouse or partner due to the disturbance. It causes a lot of agony and affects one's mental peace. Snoring is due to some obstruction in the upper pathways of breathing, the upper respiratory tract. The lev...  Read Full »

Is there a solution for heavy snoring?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from a heavy snoring issue. With this issue, I am not able to enjoy with my friends when going on trips and even when someone visits our apartment. Is there a solution? My snoring is very severe.  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sure, there is a solution but firstly you have to detect the cause with the help of investigations and tests. You have to be examined by an otorhinolaryngologist to detect the nature of the soft palate, uvula, nasal septum, nasal turbinates, tongue base and to exclude a...  Read Full »

What are the signs of tonsillitis?

Query: Hi doctor, My 15 year old daughter always gets sick. When I take her to the doctor, every time he used to say it as viral infection. This is the fifth time in a year she has been sick with the same symptoms. Her symptoms are cough, low fever, sore throat and yellowish white colored mucus covering h...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me first enlighten you about tonsils. Tonsils are a pair of soft tissues located on either side of your pharynx. They are lymphoid tissue and play an important role in immune system to fight infections and act as first line defense for throat infections. ...  Read Full »

Which is the best medical device to prevent snoring?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to buy some equipment or medial device to prevent snoring during sleep. It should be safe and be able to buy online, preferably FDA approved.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Snoring while sleeping is usually associated with sleep apnea syndrome. Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder in which pauses occur in breathing during sleep. Symptoms usually occur due to obstruction of the airway.For the treatment of snoring, we have to treat the sleep a...  Read Full »

Is noisy breathing in newborn an alarming symptom?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 50 days old now. Her birth weight is 2.9 kg and her current weight is 4.2 kg approximately. At the time of her birth it was noticed that, some type of snoring noise suddenly arose with her breathing. Child specialist suggested me that nothing to worry about as it will go of...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question and listened the recordings (attachment removed to protect patient identity) in detail. By listening to the audio, it seems to be laryngomalacia. In laryngomalacia, the muscles of larynx are weak and so the child makes this type of noisy sounds d...  Read Full »

My son is feeling sleepy all the time. What is his problem?

Query: Hi doctor,My son of 23 years is feeling sleepy all the time, walks while sleeping, sleeps while standing and falls asleep while traveling in a car. He has concentration problems and very irritable. He is overweight. Of late, even his speech is not very clear. What is the problem? Which specialty doc...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Does he snore? Is he having problems like interrupted sleep, morning headaches? Is his TSH normal? Most likely, he is having sleep apnea. It is a condition characterized by temporary cessation of respiration in sleep leading to interrupted sleep, low oxygen levels in bloo...  Read Full »