Q. Is there a solution for heavy snoring?

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda
Published on Aug 06, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2019

I am suffering from a heavy snoring issue. With this issue, I am not able to enjoy with my friends when going on trips and even when someone visits our apartment. Is there a solution? My snoring is very severe.

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Sure, there is a solution but firstly you have to detect the cause with the help of investigations and tests. You have to be examined by an otorhinolaryngologist to detect the nature of the soft palate, uvula, nasal septum, nasal turbinates, tongue base and to exclude any nasal polyps. The second step is CT scan for your nose and sinuses. The final step is the airway examination during sleep in a sleep laboratory.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

Is hearing the breathing sounds while exhaling normal?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small question about exhaling breath sounds. I always listen to my body and make sure everything is as it should. I have mild ETD, which makes my nose a little stuffy when in dry environments or the humidity is low. Two weeks ago, I was to hiatal hernia surgery. They did check my...  Read Full »

Why do I have a raspy voice from childhood?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question about my voice. As a kid, I had a raspy voice the entire time until puberty. After I hit puberty, I do not think my parents noticed anything, but people have said I sound like Kermit the frog or that I need to stop mumbling. The problem I have is that I have to try qu...  Read Full »