Q. Will there be a crackling sound while inhaling and exhaling due to gastroesophageal reflux disease?

Dr. Radha Peruvemba Hariharan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 30, 2021 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2021

When I inhale and exhale, I feel a crackling sound, and then I cough, and then I salivate, which gives me relief. I have been facing it for so long, but it was not constant, but now for one month, it is constant. I have used many medications, but no use. I have asthma. Currently, I am taking cough syrup. Kindly help me.

#

Other than asthma, I think you may be having oesophageal reflux or GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disorder).

Are you spitting out saliva only, or is there sputum also?

You can try the following to get relief:

1) Breathing exercises.

2) Avoid spicy, chilly, and refined foods.

3) Take plenty of fluids, warm. Not ice-cold drinks or foods.

4) Avoid alcohol and aerated beverages.

5) Do saline gargling twice a day with warm water.

6) Also, plain steam inhalation can help.

7) You can take food in smaller quantities in short intervals.

8) Try to walk or do some exercises daily.

9) Try to lie down with chest at an elevation, not flat on the bed.

10) You can take Pantoprazole 40 plus Domperidone 10 mg twice a day, one hour before food for ten days.

Please get back to me after ten days for an assessment.

If not better you can undergo some tests

I hope this was helpful.

|