Q. Other than braces, how to close the gap between two front teeth?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a gap between my two front teeth. I feel insecure to the point where I do not smile with my mouth wide open. I told my dentist about this. She said she cannot give me braces. What should I do? Is there anything else I can ask my dentist to give me other than braces to close my gap?

#

• You can ask your dentist to make zirconium crowns for that two front teeth like a bridge over it to close the gap.
  • He will reduce your teeth little bit from all sides and will take an impression first and give a temporary crown for a few days.
  • Later, when the crown is made in the exact shade of your teeth, he will just fix it over the two teeth like a bridge.
  • Thus, in effect, both teeth will have 0.5 mm increased width and will be attached to each other so that the gap will never open again. This is a permanent solution.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|