Crowns

I have gaps between teeth after braces. Please help.

Query: Hello, About 5 years ago I had wire braces for my teeth. And to have the braces on, I had 4 teeth extracted because my teeth were overcrowded. As far as I know, a lot of orthodontists take out premolars to create space. But for some reason my orthodontist took out 2 premolars, 1 molar on my bottom l...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes orthodontists do extract molars if there is very severe crowding of the teeth. In your case, as you said there was severe crowding. Now you have space present where the molars where previously present and hence you are unable to chew properly. Is your second mol...  Read Full »

I have sensitivity even after wearing a crown for it. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My dentist went for a crown for my molar because my molar was too sensitive. Now the sensitivity has reduced but not gone completely. My crown was fixed before two years. What can I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Crowning the tooth could not be a solution for sensitivity, and moreover, you say that you still feel the tooth to be sensitive. There is a high chance that the molar with the crown is not the culprit. Also, the sensitivity could be for two reasons. 1. Enamel wear e...  Read Full »

My root canal treated tooth has moved inside due to injury. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My upper front tooth with root canal has moved inside because of an injury and it is bleeding.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If it is just pushed inside or back due to falling and is not mobile, either go to a dentist soon and ask him if he can position it urgently. A clear picture would have helped in giving an exact treatment plan. Nothing else can be done for now. Allow the wound to hea...  Read Full »

My tooth broke off after root canal treatment. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I was having food this morning and the front half of the back tooth broke off. But, this tooth is dead because I got a root canal about six years ago. I have no pain or discomfort on the tooth or around the gums but you can see black stuff which I am guessing is the filling they used ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem is too minor. You can wait up to one month for the further treatment. In case the sharp edge does hurt, do visit a dentist and get it rounded. It will just take three minutes for that procedure. The treatment you require for this is the placement of a c...  Read Full »

My root canal filling came out. Pease help.

Query: Hello doctor, I had a root canal done for a tooth, a couple of months ago. My crown came out 8 days back. I did not go back to the dentist, but now a screw came out my tooth. What does this mean? When should I visit a dentist?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I would like to explain the treatment that has been done to your tooth according to the details provided by you: Your tooth has been root canal treated. Root canal treatment is mostly done to a tooth when the decay has reached the innermost layer of the toot...  Read Full »

Why do I have gum pain after temporary crown placement?

Query: Hi doctor, I am looking for a little advice since I cannot be seen until tomorrow by my dentist. I recently had a root canal on my bottom left tooth (last one at the back in the photo). A few weeks later, I got a temporary crown placed over it. The area beyond the tooth is inflamed and hurts badly. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your complaint and the relevant details (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The cause of your pain should be either of the following. When you bite, the upper last molar might hit the lower gums beyond the root canal treated tooth cau...  Read Full »

Why is there a whole in my temporary crown?

Query: Hi doctor, My upper incisor has a fracture. So, I had a temporary crown and then a couple weeks later I had a root canal completed. And today, I had my crown lengthening done to prepare for the permanent crown. My dentist mentioned to me that I would feel a hole in the back of my tooth, which I do....  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The whole procedure you described is pretty standard and usually expected. During root canal treatment, till it is completed a temporary filling is placed in the hole. This hole on the back of the tooth is where the root canal treatment is done from. However...  Read Full »

I swallowed my tooth. Please help

Query: Hello doctor, I have swallowed my dental cap while eating. What do I do now? I am very scared.  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to know, are you sure that you swallowed it? Because, sometimes we just lose it while rinsing the mouth too. How many hours back did you swallow it? Are you having any breathing difficulty or a stomach pain? In case it was stuck somewhere in your...  Read Full »

What causes pain in the temporary crown on biting?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a temporary crown on a tooth on the upper right side almost a week ago due to extreme sensitivity and pain when biting down. My dentist said that I had a microfracture and so he placed the crown. I am still experiencing pain when I bite down but less sensitivity than before. However...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. The general pain is mostly because of the temporary crown only. The reason being the height of the crown is slightly in excess, which interferes with the normal bite. So what happens is, when you clench your up...  Read Full »

I had root canal for five fron teeth. Which type of caps are advisable single or joined?

Query: Hello doctor, I went for five root canals on front teeth. Which type of caps are advisable single or joined?  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, caps are advisable but single is best. Joined or bridge has a drawback. If any side of the joined cap is loose or any damage comes, then the whole bridge is removed. In single if one particular tooth or cap has any problem or any damage, then the single cap will...  Read Full »