Medical Advice on "Pathology"

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hereby, I am giving my opinion for your case. You are having ebstein bar virus infection. This virus can lead to hepatitis development and enlarged lymph nodes. You are right on your suspicion that multiple enlarged ... View thread »

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and here is my advise. The swelling could be due to infective enlarged lymph nodes, reactive node enlargement or tuberculosis. You cannot rely on the Mantoux test. It is not the test for ... View thread »

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HIV can never be diagnosed based on clinical symptoms. Moreover, symptoms of HIV include a generalized lymphadenopathy, weight loss of more than 10 % in short duration, long term diarrhea more than one month, etc. You ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and here is my advise. As far as HIV infection is concerned, M strain variant of HIV1 is a common type. O subtype is very rare. However, let us move onto your question. Rapid diagnostic ... View thread »

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your attached report shows the following positive finding means notable finding (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Calcium deficiency, vitamin D deficiency, low transferrin saturation, and iron level, ... View thread »

Dr. Sarada  Nagoti
Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Both the tests show a non-reactive result, which indicates that your reports are fine.Chemiluminescent microparticle immunoassay (CMIA) test is a reliable, accurate and standard method. It tests for P24 antigen as well as ... View thread »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: There are plenty of acute inflammatory cells (neutrophils) and bacteria, possibly bacterial vaginosis. Clinically, you could be having white discharge from vagina. Based on ... View thread »

Dr. Vivek  Chail
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The GeneXpert test is a molecular test which detects the DNA in TB bacteria (tuberculosis). Formalin treated tissue might have TB bacteria which are dead and do not have viable DNA material. Therefore, repeat biopsy has ... View thread »

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you have a lump in the neck and was diagnosed with tuberculosis. AFB stain (acid-fast bacilli) might also have done for that apart from FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) to confirm it. Initially ... View thread »

Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Autolysis means self-digestion of tissue by our own enzymes. To prevent autolysis, the specimen should be transferred to 10 % buffered formalin immediately after tissue removal by a surgeon. Formalin fixes the tissue and ... View thread »