Q. How long should I take treatment to dissolve a tuberculosis lump?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have a small lump on the right side of my neck near the cervical area. I have been having this for the last one month. Although I am on treatment, the lump has not gone. The doctor took out the pus from the infected area, and the laboratory reports confirmed it as tuberculosis. In that regard, I would like to ask how much time it will take to dissolve this lump? What are the remedies?

#

• I understand that you have a lump in the neck and was diagnosed with tuberculosis. AFB stain (acid-fast bacilli) might also have done for that apart from FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) to confirm it.
  • Initially before testing, you were not responding because you might have given antibiotic only.
  • Gradually with the clearance of tuberculous bacilli, your lump will resolve. Consult a physician for examination and regularly take prescribed AKT therapy.

For further information consult a pathologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pathologist

|