Spf

I have uneven skin complexion and dark skin. Please advice any cream to improve my skin color.

Query: Hello doctor, I have uneven skin complexion and dark skin. Can you please tell me any cream or foods that improve my skin and skin color?  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Goud B

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you have an uneven and dark complexion. You need to eat a lot of fruits, drink a lot of water, and this should help improve your skin health and skin tone. Also, while going out in the sun please use a sunscreen with SPF 50 to prevent the tanning of...  Read Full »

Why is there redness on cheeks?

Query: Hello doctor, I have redness on my cheeks that is not acne. I have used Sodium Sulfacetamide as a wash and Benzoyl Peroxide gel which just seem to worsen the condition. I have struggled with this issue and cannot seem to find a solution.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the photo, it seems like rosacea (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a common skin disease characterized by a tendency to blush or flush more easily than other people. Treatment consists of preventing the aggravation of symptoms. This is poss...  Read Full »

Shall I use night cream to get fair skin?

Query: Hi doctor, My face and body color are different. My face is getting dark and black day-by-day. What should I do to increase my fairness and get glowing skin? Shall I use some night cream?  Read Full »

Dr. Md. Kamrul Hasan Sajib

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your problem carefully. What is your nature of work? Will you get exposed to sunlight? Are you allergic to any drug or disease? There are a lot of causes of skin darkening. The most common reason is sunlight exposure. For treatment, 1. You can use a cap o...  Read Full »

My skin tone differs in my body. How to even it?

Query: Hi doctor, My skin is not clear, and I have my skin with different colors. I drink a lot of soda. Do I have the skin color due to drinking soda? How can I clear it? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have beautiful brown shade. There is no connection between a soda and skin color. But alcohol can increase the activity of sebaceous glands, and it makes the skin more oily. Your ch...  Read Full »

Will salicylic acid face scrub be useful for acne in my T-Zone?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old male with somewhat oily and a very pale skin. I have an acne prone in the T-Zone. In the morning, I wash my face with lotion soap (non-antibacterial) followed by SPF 30 Face Lotion. At night, I use a 2% salicylic acid face scrub followed by 2% salicylic acid toner, a...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you had acne then the application of 2% salicylic acid face wash does help. But, using the same for four years is not advisable as it leads to constant peeling of the skin and makes the skin photosensitive. Continue using sunscreen in morning. Kindly send...  Read Full »

I need your suggestions on which sunscreen to use.

Query: Hi doctor, I am in a little trouble. Summer has started where I live, and I am addicted to playing cricket, whatever the weather or climate be. From last two weeks, I have noticed that my face color has become darker due to the sun. So, I am a little confused about which sunblock cream to use. I ne...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sun protection factor or SPF blocks damaging UV rays, which are responsible for skin aging, darkening, sunburn, and malignancy. I would advise you to use sunscreens that are a multi-spectrum or broad spectrum, which blocks both UV-A and UV-B rays. Select Sunscreen acc...  Read Full »

Can you suggest a skin whitening cream that does not contain steroids?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old female. My skin appears very dull. Can you suggest a whitening cream that does not contain steroid, which I can use on a regular basis?  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can take an oral Vitamin C supplement every day. I suggest taking one sachet of Ener-C 1000 mg in a glass of water. Use sunscreen in the morning. Apply Golite skin lightening cream over the face at bedtime. For more information consult a dermatologist on...  Read Full »