Spondyloarthritis

Why did the pain on the right side of my back move to the hips?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in my hips. I began to have a slight ache on the right side of the lower back and then it got moved to my hip-deep in the socket like a toothache. I have pain in my bones also for the past two days. Taking a hot water bath helped me and I was able to move around a little bi...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

Rheumatologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your history, the common rheumatological condition that needs to be ruled out is spondyloarthritis (SPA). It includes many groups of diseases starting from ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis, and others. It causes back pain, lower limb arthritis and...  Read Full »

My friend has sacroiliitis. Will it affect her family life and pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,A friend of mine, who is a 28 year old female, had been diagnosed with sacroiliitis before five years. She had been on painkillers (Indocap) for three years, which she was taking on a daily basis. Then for a year, her doctor advised her to have maintenance doses of Remicade infusions and s...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.This problem is called spondyloarthritis, and it is associated with a gene called HLA-B27.It is a chronic disease where there may be periods of relapses and remission.There maybe flare up of disease during pregnancy or post pregnancy. Otherwise, it generally does not cause ...  Read Full »

Can I donate blood with spondyloarthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. Six months ago, I did some blood tests and my doctor said that I resulted in positive HLA-B27 and that she suspects me to have spondyloarthritis. But she did not explain to me things that I can or cannot do from now on. I take one tablet of vitamin D weekly...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Spondyloarthritis (SpA) is a group of disorders which predominantly affects (inflammation or arthritis) in the spine and lower limbs. The common diseases which comes under SpA are ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, etc. HLA- B27 is a gene ...  Read Full »

How can I get relief from pain in sacroiliac joints?

Query: Hi doctor, I have severe pain in my sacroiliac joints (eight years). The doctors focused only on my lumbar sacral spine, and it has got fused before two years. However, the pain persisted. I found after a surgery that bilateral sacroiliitis showed up on MRI before two years. I saw a rheumatologist ...  Read Full »

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have spondyloarthritis. You may benefit from TNF (tumor necrosis factor) blockers. They will help in controlling your disease. What is your HLA-B27 status? For more information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/rheum...  Read Full »

I have ankle and calf muscle pain. Could it be RA?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, suffering from RA from the last two years and recently started the treatment with an orthopedic doctor for AVN of the hip. I have been told by my orthopedician at icliniq to consult a rheumatologist for my ankle and calf muscle pain, and for my RA medication an...  Read Full »

Dr. Durgesh Srivastava

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through the details of your query, there are a few things to be clarified first. You have not mentioned any involvement of the small joints of hands, wrists or feet. The joints you have mentioned only include large joints. If it is really so, then the likel...  Read Full »