Spondylolisthesis

How does spondylolisthesis affect pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old dance fitness instructor. I came to know that I have grade 2 spondylolisthesis of L5-S1. I do not experience severe pain. But, in the case of heavy jerk or periods, it pains in the lower back. I have reduced my activity since I know the issue. Also, I am on regular thy...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your spondylolisthesis will not cause any significant problems for childbirth except pain. The pain that you experience will be slightly more as compared to normal individuals. Do not worry. Please do all heavy activities like dancing under utmost care, but do not lift he...  Read Full »

How long does spinal self fusion take?

Query: Hi doctor, I have constant low back pain. The pain is radiating from the lower back to the buttocks and both legs. There is a tingling sensation after exercise and walking. Before five years, I had a bad episode of back pain with sciatica. I was told that it was a slipped disc but did not get a sca...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding the time required for fusion, it is highly variable and thus tough to say. I need to explain here that this process is usually a very slow one and occurs irregularly. For example, it can proceed 5% for a month and then stop. After a couple of days or months, it...  Read Full »

Can a child with spondylolisthesis play sports?

Query: Hello doctor, My 10-year-old daughter just found out she has grade 3 spondylolisthesis. I am assuming she is done ever playing sports again?  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think there will be any problem in playing sports when she grows up if she takes adequate precautions. Spondylitis is not a disease. It is not curable. If she takes proper care and does some exercises she will definitely recover. You should also consult some phys...  Read Full »

My mother had slipped and hurt her back. X-ray says it is spondylolisthesis. Please provide an orthopaedic review.

Query: Hello Doctor, My mother age 55 years, has slipped and hurt her back. X-ray says it is spondylolisthesis L4/5 & L3/S1 grade with reduced l5/S1 disc spaces and compression fracture d11 vertebra. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, I can see that your mother needs an urgent Orthopaedic review if you already have not had one. Please take it seriously. She will need an MRI to know about the status of the spinal cord and may even need a CT to look at the bones. It looks like she...  Read Full »