Q. My mother had slipped and hurt her back. X-ray says it is spondylolisthesis. Please provide an orthopaedic review.

Dr. Atul Prakash
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello Doctor,

My mother age 55 years, has slipped and hurt her back. X-ray says it is spondylolisthesis L4/5 & L3/S1 grade with reduced l5/S1 disc spaces and compression fracture d11 vertebra.

Please help.

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert Orthopedics And Traumatology Physiotherapy Spine Health
#

• From your description, I can see that your mother needs an urgent Orthopaedic review if you already have not had one. Please take it seriously.
  • She will need an MRI to know about the status of the spinal cord and may even need a CT to look at the bones.
  • It looks like she will need some stabilising of her spine for pain relief and for long term symptomatic improvement.
  • Also she will need a DEXA SCAN too to rule out osteoporosis.

Consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/search/online-doctors-directory/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|