Q. I have sprained back at the same spot three to four times a week. What am I to do?

Dr. Mohammed Wajid
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 15, 2020

I sprained my back 8 years ago - now i get sprained in the same spot every 3/4 times a week - besides these days I get sprained very easily when I do simple exercises like my ankle, shoulder, neck, back, etc --- I have done physiotherapy and do stretching every day but none is helping -- what am I to do ? please help

Dr. Mohammed Wajid

Physiotherapy
#

Hello, welcome to icliniq.

Its not about taking medicines or treatment, every problematic symptoms, pain and disease needs to be treated with a treatment plan and course to be implemented.

Sprained muscles can easily be reduced and healed with Ultrasound therapy for 10-15 days and also applying hot water fermentation using Diclofenac ointment at home is also an added advantage to reducing sprain.

After reducing the sprain and getting relaxed muscles then need to stretch the muscles step by step slowly increasing the exercise day by day or weekly once changing according to improvement.

Here i will suggest you simple exercises for lower back need to be strengthen for a period of 15-20 days.

1. Lower tummy strengthening.
  2. Deep abdominal strengthening.
  3. Bridge.
  4. Pelvis tilt.
  5. Lower back stretch.
  6. Leg stretch.
  7. Piriformis stretch.

Apply diclofenac ointment for a week twice a day will reduce anybtype of severe pain. if possible take IFT ( inferential therapy ) and ultrasound for 10 -15 days.

Follow up after a week. thank you.

|